Adapter for Picard Industries USB Shutter

Adapter for Picard Industries USB Shutter

bill_whitney
Hi,
I would like to be able to control my Picard USB Shutter with MM. As near as I can tell, no adapter exists. But, I thought I would check with this group before I try to figure out how to write an adapter myself.

I would be interested in finding an existing adapter, or any other way of getting it to work without having to write an adapter.

It is a very simple API:
// Shutter Functions
void * __stdcall piConnectShutter(int * ErrorNumber, int SerialNum);
void __stdcall piDisconnectShutter(void * devicePtr);
int __stdcall piSetShutterState(int ShutterState, void * devicePtr);
int __stdcall piGetShutterState(int * CurrentShutterState, void * devicePtr);

Here is a link to the datasheet for the USB shutter: http://picard-industries.com/datasheets/usb-shut.pdf

Thanks in advance for your help,
Bill Whitney
Marshall University Biological Imaging Center

Re: Adapter for Picard Industries USB Shutter

bill_whitney
I ended up writing my own adapter for the Picard USB Shutter. I will attach the C++ code, in case it might be helpful to someone else.

Bill
USBShutter.cpp
USBShutter.h