Adapter software for Nikon e1000 motion control

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Adapter software for Nikon e1000 motion control

Alok kumar singh
Hi All,

Need your help in writing adapter software for Nikon e1000 motion control microscope.
I need information regarding:
1. drivers of Nikon e1000 motion control
2. Any useful pointers which can help me in writing the adapter for micro mananger.

The configuration we are using is "EXiblue camera with Nikon e1000 motion control" but looks like Nikeon e1000 is not supported in micro manager.

Thanks in Advance,
Alok


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come build with us! The BlackBerry® Developer Conference in SF, CA
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay
ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9-12, 2009. Register now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconf
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adapter software for Nikon e1000 motion control

Nico Stuurman
Administrator
Dear Alok,

> Need your help in writing adapter software for Nikon e1000 motion  
> control microscope.
> I need information regarding:
> 1. drivers of Nikon e1000 motion control

That is an old microscope!  I have no information about the computer  
interface of that scope, but suspect that it has a serial interface.  
You will need the description of the command set used in that serial  
interface.  Nikon used to provide such information in the manual to  
the microscope.  If you do not have that manual any more, your best  
bet is to contact your local Nikon dealer and ask them for the manual  
as well as the RS232 command protocol description.

> 2. Any useful pointers which can help me in writing the adapter for  
> micro mananger.

When you work on Windows, it is best to start with the Device  
Developer's Kit ( http://micro-manager.org/downloads.php?
object=devkit ).  The RS232 protocol for the E1000 might be similar to  
that of other Nikon microscopes, so I would also look at the code for  
the adapters for the Nikon TE2000, and Nikon Z-drive, TIRF shutter and  
IntensiLight shutter.

https://valelab.ucsf.edu/svn/micromanager2/branches/micromanager1.3/DeviceAdapters/NikonTE2000/
https://valelab.ucsf.edu/svn/micromanager2/branches/micromanager1.3/DeviceAdapters/Nikon/

Once you have your adapter working, we will of course be happy to add  
it to the Micro-manager distribution.

> The configuration we are using is "EXiblue camera with Nikon e1000  
> motion control" but looks like Nikeon e1000 is not supported in  
> micro manager.

That is a brand new camera for an old microscope!  Good luck with your  
project!

Best,

Nico


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come build with us! The BlackBerry® Developer Conference in SF, CA
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay
ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9-12, 2009. Register now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconf
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adapter software for Nikon e1000 motion control

Alok kumar singh

Thanks for the inputs.

Alok
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Alok,

> Need your help in writing adapter software for Nikon e1000 motion
> control microscope.
> I need information regarding:
> 1. drivers of Nikon e1000 motion control

That is an old microscope!  I have no information about the computer
interface of that scope, but suspect that it has a serial interface.
You will need the description of the command set used in that serial
interface.  Nikon used to provide such information in the manual to
the microscope.  If you do not have that manual any more, your best
bet is to contact your local Nikon dealer and ask them for the manual
as well as the RS232 command protocol description.

> 2. Any useful pointers which can help me in writing the adapter for
> micro mananger.

When you work on Windows, it is best to start with the Device
Developer's Kit ( http://micro-manager.org/downloads.php?
object=devkit ).  The RS232 protocol for the E1000 might be similar to
that of other Nikon microscopes, so I would also look at the code for
the adapters for the Nikon TE2000, and Nikon Z-drive, TIRF shutter and
IntensiLight shutter.

https://valelab.ucsf.edu/svn/micromanager2/branches/micromanager1.3/DeviceAdapters/NikonTE2000/
https://valelab.ucsf.edu/svn/micromanager2/branches/micromanager1.3/DeviceAdapters/Nikon/

Once you have your adapter working, we will of course be happy to add
it to the Micro-manager distribution.

> The configuration we are using is "EXiblue camera with Nikon e1000
> motion control" but looks like Nikeon e1000 is not supported in
> micro manager.

That is a brand new camera for an old microscope!  Good luck with your
project!

Best,

Nico


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come build with us! The BlackBerry&reg; Developer Conference in SF, CA
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay
ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9&#45;12, 2009. Register now&#33;
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconf
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come build with us! The BlackBerry(R) Developer Conference in SF, CA
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay
ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9 - 12, 2009. Register now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference
_______________________________________________
micro-manager-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/micro-manager-general