Advice for budget monochrome camera at ~120 FPS to work with MM

Advice for budget monochrome camera at ~120 FPS to work with MM

Ricardo H. Pires
Hi everyone,

We recently bought a budget a USB camera that gave us some headaches and despite following some troubleshooting instructions from the company's technical support forum, we could not get it to work properly as it would disconnect after a few seconds. Because of this we couldn't even try it with MM. We have an Andor camera which I installed and works pretty fine with our setup, but we need higher resolution and higher frame rates for one of our projects.

I was just wondering if anyone could share any suggestions for a budget camera and a trouble free installation and integration with MM.

The camera I'm looking for is for phase contrast video microscopy, so a CMOS-type monochrome sensor, with at least 1M pixels, able to do 120 FPS or above is what I would like to go for, and a USB connection is preferred.

If anyone with some experience in installing cameras and integrating them with MM could share some suggestions, that would be really great!

Many Thanks!

Ricardo

--------------------------------------
Ricardo H. J. Pires, PhD
Universität Greifswald
ZIK HIKE
Fleischmannstraße 42-44
17489 Greifswald
Deutschland
Tel: +49 (0) 3834 86 22345
Fax: +49 (0) 3834 86 22341

Re: Advice for budget monochrome camera at ~120 FPS to work with MM

cherkas
FLIR (PointGrey) Grasshopper3 GS3-U3-23S6M-C (SONY IMX174) ~750EUR

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:23 PM, Ricardo H. Pires <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:03834%208622345" value="+4938348622345" target="_blank">+49 (0) 3834 86 22345
Fax: <a href="tel:03834%208622341" value="+4938348622341" target="_blank">+49 (0) 3834 86 22341