Andor iXon 887 error

Matt Jones
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I'm trying to add an Andor iXon 887 into my MicroManager installation (1.4.22), but I
get an

"Error in device Andor: Invalid Pre-Amp Gain"

message when I try to add. Does anyone know of a work around? It looks like
plenty of 887s being used successfully.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Andor iXon 887 error

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Matt,

> I'm trying to add an Andor iXon 887 into my MicroManager installation, but I
> get an
>
> "Error in device Andor: Invalid Pre-Amp Gain"
>
> message when I try to add. Does anyone know of a work around? It looks like
> plenty of 887s being used successfully.

Can you go to Help > Report a Problem, and go again through the Hardware
configuration Wizard?

Send the report, and I can have a look if anything stands out.

Re: Andor iXon 887 error

Matt Jones
Thanks Nico,

Report attached. Andor have helpfully clarified that my iXon 887 model
(DV887AC-FI) only has a single readout speed and single amplifier option, in
contrast to later 887s- so this could be contributing to the error?

Cheers,
Matt
hs_err_pid4044.log
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396054/hs_err_pid4044.log>