BFLY-S or alternative Sony Pregius with MM

BFLY-S or alternative Sony Pregius with MM

Elizabeth Jerison-2
Hi Micromanager community,

I am looking to replace an old interline CCD camera with a Sony Pregius CMOS camera. I have been looking at the FLIR BlackFly S GigE series. Has anyone tried one of these cameras with the GigE MM adapter?

There was a very similar question asked on this list in August; if the original poster, Tim, is out there, do you have an update about which camera you went with and how it worked?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

p.s. First time poster--please let me know if this is not the correct way to post to this list!

Re: BFLY-S or alternative Sony Pregius with MM

cherkas
Please look at cameras with FlyCap2 SDK support at PointGrey, newer Spinnaker SDK is not supported yet as far as I know.
I have successfully used several Grasshopper3 GS3-U3-23S6M-C and BlackFly GS3-U3-23S6M-C cameras with MM.

Best regards, Volodymyr

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 11:26 PM Elizabeth Jerison <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Micromanager community,

I am looking to replace an old interline CCD camera with a Sony Pregius CMOS camera. I have been looking at the FLIR BlackFly S GigE series. Has anyone tried one of these cameras with the GigE MM adapter?

There was a very similar question asked on this list in August; if the original poster, Tim, is out there, do you have an update about which camera you went with and how it worked?

Thanks!

Elizabeth

p.s. First time poster--please let me know if this is not the correct way to post to this list!

Re: BFLY-S or alternative Sony Pregius with MM

Elizabeth Jerison
Thanks for the information!

I think I'm going to go with a Basler Ace USB 3.0 camera (acA2040-55um or similar), as there's a MM device adapter (https://micro-manager.org/wiki/BaslerAce), the prices are comparable to FLIR/Point Grey, but the customer service/support seems better. I will report back to the community if there are issues.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 2:59 AM Volodymyr Cherkas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ALON OYLER YANIV
Hi Elizabeth,

As Volodymyr said, you can only use point grey cameras that are supported by their old sdk. And they are not very excited to help you if there are any issues.  We have been using a number of Chameleon 3 cameras and generally like them.

There are however many alternatives, for example Ximea and MatrixVision, that use the same sensors. Ximea support their own adapter and we’ve been happy with the camera performance and with the software. We’re also waiting for our first MatVis camera to arrive, afaik it’s the first producer that features the new 3rd gen pregius.