Beanshell - synchronizing Arduino shutters and Sutter filter changer

Beanshell - synchronizing Arduino shutters and Sutter filter changer

Luke Ferro
Hi all,

We are using an Arduino to control shutters via a BeanShell script in
Micromanager (see below).

import mmcorej.StrVector;
x = new StrVector();
x.add("16");
x.add("32");
mmc.loadPropertySequence("Arduino-Switch", "State", x);
mmc.startPropertySequence("Arduino-Switch", "State");

I added a Sutter Lambda 10-B filter changer in the emission path. I was able
to add the filter wheel to Micromanager and can change filters using the
"device property browser." Now, I need to be able to synchronize shutters
and emission filters. I need to switch "Wheel-A-Label" between "Filter-0"
(for shutter #16) and "Filter-1" (for shutter #32"). Can anyone help me out
with the code for this?

Thanks,
Luke

Re: Beanshell - synchronizing Arduino shutters and Sutter filter changer

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Luke,

> We are using an Arduino to control shutters via a BeanShell script in
> Micromanager (see below).
>
> import mmcorej.StrVector;
> x = new StrVector();
> x.add("16");
> x.add("32");
> mmc.loadPropertySequence("Arduino-Switch", "State", x);
> mmc.startPropertySequence("Arduino-Switch", "State");
>
> I added a Sutter Lambda 10-B filter changer in the emission path. I was able
> to add the filter wheel to Micromanager and can change filters using the
> "device property browser." Now, I need to be able to synchronize shutters
> and emission filters. I need to switch "Wheel-A-Label" between "Filter-0"
> (for shutter #16) and "Filter-1" (for shutter #32"). Can anyone help me out
> with the code for this?

What exactly are you trying to do, and - especially - why do you want to
use a script?  Simplest way is to set up channels that include the
filter wheel and Arduino switch state, and you'll be good to go using
the standard MDA window.