Bi-direction Paralell Port or Serial Port

Bi-direction Paralell Port or Serial Port

Paul Venable
Hello All,

I have successful used the Paralell Port to send external TTL pulses to trigger a shutter system.  My question is if it is possible to receive inputs from the Paralell port or the serial port?   Currently I am using a while loop that contains the core.getProperty() statement to monitor for input into the paralell port.  Would a serial port possibly work better?

Thanks,

Paul

Research Assistant
Nora Eccles Harrison
Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute
University of Utah
95 South 2000 East
Salt Lake City UT 84112-5000
phone (801) 587-9530
fax (801) 581-3128
Email [hidden email]

Re: Bi-direction Paralell Port or Serial Port

Hoover, Karl
Hi Paul,

Currently,  ┬ÁManager only writes to the parallel port TTL signals. Internally, the DSR signal of a serial port is queried, but there is currently no way to access that status. I will investigate the feasibility of adding a readable property to the Parallel port device.

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

Re: Bi-direction Paralell Port or Serial Port

Paul Venable
Karl,

Thank you very much for your response.