Building Micromanager on Windows

Jaya Harsha Thippana

Hello,

Some of the errors I am getting while building the c++ projects are

  1. CL.exe exited with code -1073741515
  2. MSB4086 A numeric comparison was attempted on "$(PlatformToolsetVersion)" that evaluates to "Windows7.1SDK" instead of a number, in condition "'$(RunCodeAnalysisOnce)'=='true' and '$(VCAnalyzeOnlyAllowed)'=='true' and '$(PlatformToolsetVersion)'>='140'". MMCore C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v15.0\CodeAnalysis\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.targets 169

Regards,

Jaya Harsha Thippana Graduate Research Assistant

Department of Chemistry & Bio-Chemistry|University of Oklahoma

 660 Parrington Oval, Norman, OK 73019

Tel: 979.627.3731 | [hidden email]

Re: Building Micromanager on Windows

Rybenkov, Valentin V.

Harsha,

You need to explain your problem much better. I really have no idea what you meant by your email.

Valentin V. Rybenkov
University of Oklahoma
101 Stephenson Parkway
Norman, OK 73019
Ph: 405-325-1677

Building Micromanager on Windows

Jaya Harsha Thippana

I am trying to build micromanager on my system. I have windows 10  operating system on my system. Compiling the java projects using Apache ant is running good but when I am trying to build the C++ projects I am getting few errors which I mentioned below.

  1. CL.exe exited with code -1073741515
  2. MSB4086 A numeric comparison was attempted on "$(PlatformToolsetVersion)" that evaluates to "Windows7.1SDK" instead of a number, in condition "'$(RunCodeAnalysisOnce)'=='true' and '$(VCAnalyzeOnlyAllowed)'=='true' and '$(PlatformToolsetVersion)'>='140'". MMCore C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2010\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v15.0\CodeAnalysis\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.targets 169
Few of the times it says that mmcore.lib file is missing.
How do I correct these errors?

Thank you

Sincerely,

Jaya Harsha Thippana.

Re: Building Micromanager on Windows

JonD
Administrator
Thippana, Jaya Harsha wrote
> I am trying to build micromanager on my system. I have windows 10
> operating system on my system.
>
> [snip]
>
> '$(PlatformToolsetVersion)'>='140'

The wiki instructions [1] are for Visual Studio 2010 but there may be issues
configuring that on Win10.  I'm guessing problems aren't specific to
Micro-manager so you might find relevant tips at Stack Overflow or similar.
I believe PlatformToolsetVersion of 140 relates to a newer version than VS
2010.

I suggest trying Visual Studio 2015 per this thread:
http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Building-Device-Adapters-on-Windows-10-with-Visual-Studio-2015-Community-td7587098.html.
I was able to get common code and my device adapter to build fine and that's
what I use on a routine basis now.

Jon

[1] https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Building_MM_on_Windows

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Building Micromanager on Windows

Kline, David D.
We are using uM on several Win 10 machines without issue.

> I am trying to build micromanager on my system. I have windows 10
> operating system on my system.
>
> [snip]
>
> '$(PlatformToolsetVersion)'>='140'

The wiki instructions [1] are for Visual Studio 2010 but there may be issues configuring that on Win10.  I'm guessing problems aren't specific to Micro-manager so you might find relevant tips at Stack Overflow or similar.
I believe PlatformToolsetVersion of 140 relates to a newer version than VS 2010.

I suggest trying Visual Studio 2015 per this thread:
http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Building-Device-Adapters-on-Windows-10-with-Visual-Studio-2015-Community-td7587098.html.
I was able to get common code and my device adapter to build fine and that's what I use on a routine basis now.

Jon

[1] https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Building_MM_on_Windows

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Building Micromanager on Windows

Kyle Douglass-2
Hi all,

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 4:54 PM, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:

I suggest trying Visual Studio 2015 per this thread:
http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/Building-Device-Adapters-on-Windows-10-with-Visual-Studio-2015-Community-td7587098.html.
I was able to get common code and my device adapter to build fine and that's
what I use on a routine basis now.

As a supplement to the thread that Jon mentioned above, I keep notes on compiling Micro-Manager for Windows in newer versions of Visual Studio here: https://github.com/kmdouglass/mm-kmd/blob/master/Notes/micro-manager_windows_build.md

The notes aren't necessarily in order or well-organized, but others might find them useful.

Cheers,
Kyle