Building PVCAM using _new_ Photometrics Linux drivers

Building PVCAM using _new_ Photometrics Linux drivers

Wiktor Phillips
Hello,

I have a copy of some updated Linux drivers that were recently made available by Photometrics. I have validated that they work--running simple test binaries I have no problems.

The pvcam/master headers ought to be identical across platforms, and so my hope was that simply triggering the PVCAM device build while compiling micro-manager from scratch would "just work" ...but alas no.

So far automake is picking up the headers and attempting to build when I run "make" from mm source root directory, but I'm getting compile errors that I am not sure how to interpret.

Can anyone help or offer something to check? I'm happy to share the drivers if there's anyone else interested in having a Prime 95B running on a linux machine 😄

Error + stdout from PVCAM Device Adapter compile attached.

Cheers,

Wiktor

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here.

pvcamerror.txt (17K) Download Attachment

Re: Building PVCAM using _new_ Photometrics Linux drivers

Stuurman, Nico
On 5/16/19 7:50 AM, Wiktor Phillips wrote:

> I have a copy of some updated Linux drivers that were recently made
> available by Photometrics. I have validated that they work--running
> simple test binaries I have no problems.
>
> The pvcam/master headers ought to be identical across platforms, and
> so my hope was that simply triggering the PVCAM device build while
> compiling micro-manager from scratch would "just work" ...but alas no.
> So far automake is picking up the headers and attempting to build when
> I run "make" from mm source root directory, but I'm getting compile
> errors that I am not sure how to interpret.
>
> Can anyone help or offer something to check? I'm happy to share the
> drivers if there's anyone else interested in having a Prime 95B
> running on a linux machine 😄

The first error is because your envirnoment already defines the funtion
"double", which is defined as a utility in the adapter code on line
210.  Easy fix would be to rename the local copy of round to something
more specific, such as pvcamRound.

Most other errirs suggest that you are including an older version of the
pvcam.h header file.  Make sure that you have updated your
3rdpartypublic repository recently.  You can check for the presence of
these parameters, for instance, search your copy of pvcam.h
(3rdpartypublic/Photometrics/PVCAM/SDK/Headers) for the presence of
"PARAM_SCAN_MODE".