Camera for FISH

Marco Aurelio González Romo
Hello:
I request advice to buy a camera with good characteristics and reasonable price to use in fluorescent in situ hybridization.
Thank you,
Marco Gonzalez MD

Re: Camera for FISH

Peter Braubach

Hi,

I have good experience with an Point Grey Grasshopper 2 for FISH (GS2-FW-14S5M-C) which I got used for a very reasonable price. It has some pattern noise but it is OK for chromosomal FISH and IF. It captures chromosomal FISH signals nicely with an 40x.

I also have a PTGrey GS1 (GRAS-14S5M-C) but with this one I had some issues with MicroManager – in some cases MM got the frame from the previous capture which led to the first image in a multi-channel z stack being from the wrong channel/filter. Also the GS1 had an Amp-glow issue on one short side.

If you need I can provide sample images, you can contact me off list.

Peter

--

Dr. med. Peter Braubach

Koordinator Lungengewebebank

Arbeitsgruppe Lungenforschung

Institut für Pathologie

Medizinische Hochschule Hannover

OE 5110, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, 30625 Hannover, Deutschland

Tel.: +49 511 532-8494

[hidden email]

www.mh-hannover.de