Can't fetch sources (mainly 3drpartypublic)

Can't fetch sources (mainly 3drpartypublic)

Christoph Lange
Dear all,

I cannot fetch the sources according to procedures described in the manual.

The first problem was that `svn co` insisted on using a username for the main repo. I eventually got the sources using `git svn clone`, which took ages, of course ;-)

Second problem which I probably cannot fix on my side: `svn co` as well as `git svn clone` fail for the 3rd party repo for the boost_1_55_0/ directory -- it's a huge revision, and the server runs into a request timeout and cuts of the transmission:

A    3rdpartypublic/boost-versions/boost_1_55_0/libs/array/test/print.hpp
svn: E120106: ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.

Here's a description on how to solve the problem, which has to be done on server side though:

Or does anyone have any other ideas on how to get the 3d party repo?

Best
/Christoph

--
Christoph Lange
Lotsarnas Väg 8

Re: Can't fetch sources (mainly 3drpartypublic)

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Christophe,

> I cannot fetch the sources according to procedures described in the
> manual.
>
> The first problem was that `svn co` insisted on using a username for
> the main repo. I eventually got the sources using `git svn clone`,
> which took ages, of course ;-)

See the first note at:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_Source_Code

> Second problem which I probably cannot fix on my side: `svn co` as
> well as `git svn clone` fail for the 3rd party repo for
> the boost_1_55_0/ directory -- it's a huge revision, and /the
> server/ runs into a request timeout and cuts of the transmission:

>      3rdpartypublic/boost-versions/boost_1_55_0/libs/array/test/print.hpp
>     svn: E120106: ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.

See the second note at:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_Source_Code

> Here's a description on how to solve the problem, which has to be done
> on server side though:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tortoisesvn/oFRQIntJJrM
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__groups.google.com_forum_-23-21topic_tortoisesvn_oFRQIntJJrM&d=DwMFaQ&c=iORugZls2LlYyCAZRB3XLg&r=UwP8SWqih8VHO1LwZpgcx83I4o21yLj6V6QD-25Dt4I&m=_7Bk0vYWDEISIwtIo1QCLIq5TayeuMnBAxfo_bkTlic&s=5L-7DRdVuly8dtKM0X5zWIgRFZxw3Uv6_ySVO6ZbOt0&e=>

That is great!  I updated the server settings.  Curious if that helps
with the checkout!

Re: Can't fetch sources (mainly 3drpartypublic)

Christoph Lange
Oh, so sorry, I didn't see the notes :-\

Thanks for the changes, will try after the weekend, when I'm back in the office.

Best
/Christoph

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 7:38 PM Stuurman, Nico <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Christophe,

> I cannot fetch the sources according to procedures described in the
> manual.
>
> The first problem was that `svn co` insisted on using a username for
> the main repo. I eventually got the sources using `git svn clone`,
> which took ages, of course ;-)

See the first note at:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_Source_Code

> Second problem which I probably cannot fix on my side: `svn co` as
> well as `git svn clone` fail for the 3rd party repo for
> the boost_1_55_0/ directory -- it's a huge revision, and /the
> server/ runs into a request timeout and cuts of the transmission:

>      3rdpartypublic/boost-versions/boost_1_55_0/libs/array/test/print.hpp
>     svn: E120106: ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.

See the second note at:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_Source_Code

> Here's a description on how to solve the problem, which has to be done
> on server side though:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tortoisesvn/oFRQIntJJrM
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__groups.google.com_forum_-23-21topic_tortoisesvn_oFRQIntJJrM&d=DwMFaQ&c=iORugZls2LlYyCAZRB3XLg&r=UwP8SWqih8VHO1LwZpgcx83I4o21yLj6V6QD-25Dt4I&m=_7Bk0vYWDEISIwtIo1QCLIq5TayeuMnBAxfo_bkTlic&s=5L-7DRdVuly8dtKM0X5zWIgRFZxw3Uv6_ySVO6ZbOt0&e=>

That is great!  I updated the server settings.  Curious if that helps
with the checkout!

Christoph Lange
Lotsarnas Väg 8
430 83 Vrångö

Re: Can't fetch sources (mainly 3drpartypublic)

Christoph Lange
Thanks, Nico.

With your hints to the notes, I was able to fetch the sources. But the change to the server didn't prevent the timeout.