Change binning/image size/image depth from bean shell

Change binning/image size/image depth from bean shell

Claudiu Giurumescu
Hi all,

I hope some of you can help me with the following issue. I'm 4D microscopy (480 time points x 37 z-slices) with muManager using bean shell scripting and the amount of data is huge. So, my options would be:
1. change image depth (from 16 bit to 8 bit)
2. resize the image after acquisition.
3. change the binning on the camera.

I was thinking the easiest is changing the binning, but the image is not acquired correctly (black image when I change binning from 1 to 2, 4 or 8). I'm using a Hamamatsu ORCA-ER camera 1344x1024. So I'm not sure if it's a problem with the camera or image data range scaling or something else.

If binning issue cannot be fixed then any hints on how to change image depth or resize the acquired image (I use gui.snapAndAdd) from the bean shell would be welcome.

Thank you for your help,
Claudiu