Color View III & F-view cameras on an OlympusIX71

Color View III & F-view cameras on an OlympusIX71

Andrei Catalin Stefan
Dear Micro-Manager community,

In my lab we have an OlympusIX71 microscope with Color View III & F-view cameras attached.

As we need to upgrade the OS on the affiliated computer, we found out the hard way that the Cell-F software is not compatible with higher (then WinXP) OS versions. In addition, a new software implies that we need to buy a new imaging system for the microscope - which we can't afford at the moment.

Thus, as I am working with ImageJ for a few years now, I was wondering if the integration with Micro-Manager of the Color View III & F-view cameras is possible. I would like to start using Micro-Manager with these cameras as I am more happy in an open source environment.

Any suggestion and/or comments on this matter are highly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Andrei

--

Andrei Cătălin ȘTEFAN, MRCVS, DVM, MVSc, PhD student

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Color View III & F-view cameras on an OlympusIX71

m.losen

Dear Andrei,

It’s not going to be easy to get your system to run with MM, I guess:

The IX71 itself can be used with MM easily, but the cameras you mention are not supported, as far as I know.

You might have seen this page which addressed a similar question for the Colorview 2:

http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/problems-with-colorview-2-camera-td7585192.html

A couple of years ago a friend of mine had started to develop a device adapter for the Fview II, but it wasn’t completed. If you’re keen to continue that project, let me know.

For the Fview I it is even difficult to get a PC that still supports the hardware, so it’s not worth-while to put any effort into that.

In addition to our MM microscopes, we’re still running a system with an Olympus XM-10 camera using CellP and Windows 7-32 bit.

My guess is that it might be possible to use your cameras with CellF and a newer 32-bit version of Windows (although that’s probably not what you wanted to hear since MM works much better).

Greetings,

Mario