Configuring two Arduino shutters via Micro-Manager

Configuring two Arduino shutters via Micro-Manager

Michał Tyszka
Hello,

I have succesfully configured Arduino via Hardware Configuration Wizard and after setting Arduino State to 16 or 32 I'm getting 5 volts on 12 or 13 pin. Unfortunatelly I have a problem with configuring two shutters. After clicking Snap I can only define one of the shutters, one connected with 12 pin or 13 pin. How can I create a sequence which could allow me to firstly open a shutter connected to 12 pin for example for a 30 seconds, then open shutter connected to a 13 pin and then open them both after clicking Snap? So the whole sequence would last one and a half minute in this case.

Thank you very much for a help.

Michał.

Re: Configuring two Arduino shutters via Micro-Manager

Straub, Volko A. (Dr.)

Hi Michal,

In your case, setting the Arduino state to 48 should open both shutters together. However, you probably won't be able to switch the device state after you clicked Snap. If you really want to switch the shutter during the acquisition of a single image, you will probably have to change the Arduino code so that this change is timed by the Arduino as Micromanager will only set the state at the beginning of acquiring an image (please correct me if I am wrong).

However, if you want to acquire an image sequence when you click Snap that first takes an image while shutter 1 is open, then a second image with shutter 2 open and finally one with both shutters open, you should be able to do this via the multi-dimensional acquisition (MDA) panel in Micromanager. You will need to define three channels: channel 1 = state 16, channel 2 = state 32 and channel 3 = state 48.

Hope this helps,

Volko

I have succesfully configured Arduino via Hardware Configuration Wizard and after setting Arduino State to 16 or 32 I'm getting 5 volts on 12 or 13 pin. Unfortunatelly I have a problem with configuring two shutters. After clicking Snap I can only define one of the shutters, one connected with 12 pin or 13 pin. How can I create a sequence which could allow me to firstly open a shutter connected to 12 pin for example for a 30 seconds, then open shutter connected to a 13 pin and then open them both after clicking Snap? So the whole sequence would last one and a half minute in this case.

Thank you very much for a help.

Michał.

Re: Configuring two Arduino shutters via Micro-Manager

Michał Tyszka
Dear Volko,

Thank you very much for a suggestion. I'll try to do this in the evening and I'll tell how it went.

Kind regards,
Michał.