Connecting Olympus IX83 to micro-manager

Connecting Olympus IX83 to micro-manager

annatse
Hi all!  Our laboratory has recently bought a new microscope (Olympus IX83). We've been trying for sooooooo long to install it on Windows 10 via micro-manager but nothing worked. We would thereby like to ask for your professional opinion on this issue.

We have installed the drivers for windows to communicate with our Olympus IX83.
In the Device Manager we can see:
1394 Bus Host Controllers
|-- OLYMPUS(R) MICROSCOPE 1394 DIGITAL CAMERA SYSTEM
and Microscope I/F Device
|-- OLYMPUS I/F 1394

But with every driver versions tested, it is not possible to add the microscope in the Hardware Configuration Wizard.
The versions tried are:
64bits 1.4.23 20170513
64bits 1.4.22
64bits 1.4.21 20150429
64bits 1.4.20 20150130
64bits 1.4.16
And for every version, we tried in the Hardware Configuration Wizard, in Olympus IX38 folder, adding the "*Olympus IX83 | Olympus IX83 Microscope".  But for every build, we have an error message pops up "Error in device "Olympus IX83": Exception: Expected integer, got "" at e:\mmnightlybuild\micromanager\secretdeviceadaptaters\olympusix83\Hub.h:131 (2147483647)"

We've changed three 1394 cards already but still nothing worked.

We would be really grateful if anyone could share their insight on how to connect Olympus IX83 to micromanager!

Re: Connecting Olympus IX83 to micro-manager

Lumarpe
We just installed an IX83 with a windows10 pc and communication with MManager worked great.  In the hardware configuration wizard there are two configuration folders for Olympus a general one and one specific for the IX83. Have you tried that one? One issue I had was that not all the microscope devices showed up at once. I had to restart the program a couple times to see the objectives device.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!!