Controlling Leica DFC480 camera with MM

John Ewer
Dear Sirs,
I am trying to use MM to control a Leica DFC480 camera. The computer is running on Windows 7.
Every time I select the Baumer Optronic adapter option under "Device support" the computer freezes.
So I'd like to know:
- what I need to do to prevent this freezing
- will the Baumer Optronic adapter work for this camera, and if not, are there other options? I have the Leica drivers for the camera, should they be usable. (I also have the Leica program but lost the password and can't figure out a way around this (and Leica won't help, even though camera is >10 years old).

Many thanks for your help.
Yours,
John

--
John Ewer
Centro Interdisciplinario de Neurociencia

Controlling Leica DFC480 camera with MM: update

John Ewer
Update: we got MM to work with this camera but the computer freezes every few photos and MM displays the following error:

Error: failed to load hardware configuration
Line 52: Property, Core, Initialize, 1
Error in device "BaumerOptronic: Camera is busy acquiring images. Stop camera activity before changing this property (30).

Any suggestions as to how to improve the situation?
Many thanks
John