Controlling two Z stages

Hassibullah Rustemi
hello

My name is Hassib, a senior undergraduate research assistant at UB. Is there anyway I can control 2 Z stages with the stage control tool? I have one that moves at micrometer precision and another that moves at nanometer precision and I need a way to manually control both under the same hardware configuration. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Hassib

Re: Controlling two Z stages

Nico Stuurman-2
On 10/17/19 2:35 PM, Hassibullah Rustemi wrote:
> My name is Hassib, a senior undergraduate research assistant at UB. Is
> there anyway I can control 2 Z stages with the stage control tool? I
> have one that moves at micrometer precision and another that moves at
> nanometer precision and I need a way to manually control both under
> the same hardware configuration. Any help would be appreciated.

MM2-gamma Stage Control has a drop-down menu that you can use to select
the "active" Z-stage.

Re: Controlling two Z stages

JonD
Administrator
Stuurman, Nico wrote
>> My name is Hassib, a senior undergraduate research assistant at UB. Is
>> there anyway I can control 2 Z stages with the stage control tool? I
>> have one that moves at micrometer precision and another that moves at
>> nanometer precision and I need a way to manually control both under
>> the same hardware configuration. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> MM2-gamma Stage Control has a drop-down menu that you can use to select
> the "active" Z-stage.

MM1.4 has a drop-down too but you only can use one at a time.  MM2-gamma
allows you to add up to 4 separate simultaneous controls for different Z
stages (use the "+" button in the lower right corner).

Jon