Core documentation confusion

nanthony
I just realized that there are multiple locations online where CMMCore is
documented:

https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~MM/doc/MMCore/html/class_c_m_m_core.html

https://javadoc.scijava.org/Micro-Manager-Core/mmcorej/CMMCore.html

I've also noticed that the two sites don't match. For example, in the first
link there is no mention of "TaggedImage" while the second link has:

 getLastTaggedImage()
getNBeforeLastTaggedImage()
getTaggedImage()
popNextTaggedImage()

I image there are other differences as well.

Which link is correct?

Re: Core documentation confusion

Stuurman, Nico
On 5/9/19 10:39 AM, nanthony wrote:
> I just realized that there are multiple locations online where CMMCore is
> documented:
>
> https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~MM/doc/MMCore/html/class_c_m_m_core.html
>
> https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=fdb68ef6-a1f6bbc8-fdb6a9eb-0cc47ad9c120-f5d5df056530ad8d&u=https://javadoc.scijava.org/Micro-Manager-Core/mmcorej/CMMCore.html

There are two interfaces, the C++ (actually, C-compatible) interface to
the core, and the Java interfaces, which is created by SWIG, translating
most functions more or less directly, but adding a couple of functions
as well.  I have no idea what the scijava guys are doing or what version
their Java interface to the Core describes (i.e., it is derived from the
micro-manager source repository at one point or another, and may have
been changed by them, I have no idea).

The Java interface can also be found through:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Micro-Manager_Programming_Guide (which
should be the sole source of Micro-Manager code documentation -
otherwise we will all get very confused):
https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~MM/doc/mmcorej/mmcorej/CMMCore.html.

The javadoc code for gamma can be found at:
https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/~MM/doc-2.0.0-gamma/mmcorej/mmcorej/CMMCore.html
(the gamma interface may be slightly different at the Java level). I'll
put links up soon.