Custom Driver and Version Incompatibilities

Custom Driver and Version Incompatibilities

StevenF
Hello Micro-Manager team,

After acquiring an unsupported device (ITK Hydra LMT200 stage controller) I had to write my own driver based on the Corvus Stage Controller. For the most part everything went fine. I am however faced with a small problem! When i try to use the driver with micro-manager 1.422 the device is unavailable.

Looking at the logs indicate that the error is :
"Unable to load ITKHydra library: Failed to load device adapter "ITKHydra" from "C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4\mmgr_dal_ITKHydra.dll" [ Incompatible device interface version (required = 65; found = 67) ]"

I have installed micro-manager 1.423 and 2.0 and the Driver works fine with both versions of the software. Unfortunately, i am also using 2 CoolLed pe-4000 that have drivers that are, according to CoolLed only available for 1.422. Now assuming CoolLed refuses to make the tweaks necessary to have the drivers work with 1.423, how can i make my own driver work with 1.422!

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Re: Custom Driver and Version Incompatibilities

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Steven,

On 8/23/17 1:07 AM, StevenF wrote:
> After acquiring an unsupported device (ITK Hydra LMT200 stage controller) I
> had to write my own driver based on the Corvus Stage Controller. For the
> most part everything went fine. I am however faced with a small problem!
> When i try to use the driver with micro-manager 1.422 the device is
> unavailable.

You can check out the sources for 1.4.22 here:
https://valelab4.ucsf.edu/svn/micromanager2/tags/1.4.22/

Re: Custom Driver and Version Incompatibilities

StevenF
Hello Nico,

Indeed that worked! The link provided on the building Micro-manager for Windows (using tortoise SVN) page downloads micromanager version 1.4.23, but the pre-packaged version which i was using to test the drivers i wrote is in 1.4.22 hence the compatibility problems i was having!

Thanks for the help,

Steven