DIY FRAP module for widefield

"Fco. Javier Díez Guerra"
Hi,

For teaching purposes, we would like to perform FRAP experiments in an
inverted widefield fluorescence microscope. Circular ROIs achieved by
closing the epi-illumination field diafragm take too long to bleach and
do not deliver sharp contrast between bleached and non-bleached areas.
We have a Leica DMi8 stage under Metamorph Basic and a basic LED light
source. Sadly, we do not have the resources to purchase Leica's "FRAP
Device for Widefield Microscopy".

I wonder if any lister has successfully managed to build a one-laser
"bleaching" module that could be easily assembled and attached to the
microscope to accomplish ROI bleaching and FRAP experiments, in the
cheap side.

Thanks in advance for the input.

--

Fco. Javier Díez Guerra, PhD