DLL not found error for new device adapter

DLL not found error for new device adapter

Hara Honnappa

Hello everybody!

I’m hoping to clear a problem I’m having with the device adapter I’ve built.

The dll works fine on the PC it was used to compile (x64) but when I copy it into another (x64)PC the device is listed as unavailable.

The CoreLog says “The specified module could not be found”.

Is it not possible to copy a dll between two machines that are of the same platform? I’m not an expert in this kind of programming so maybe I’m missing something basic, in which case, apologies!

Thanks!

Hara

Hara Honnappa | R&D Engineer

E: [hidden email]    T: +49 89 520 46 17-26    F: +49 89 520 46 17-59
ibidi GmbH, Lochhamer Schlag 11, 82166 Gräfelfing, Germany

ibidi: cells in focus
www.ibidi.com

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Valentin Kahl, Dr. Roman Zantl | Registergericht: Amtsgericht München | HRB-Nr.: 135 854

Please refrain from sending Microsoft Office attachments to ibidi. Please share only PDF or Office documents by secured platforms.

GEHEIMHALTUNGSPFLICHT:
Dieses E-Mail und alle damit verbundenen Anlagen sind vertraulich und dürfen nur bestimmten Personen zugänglich gemacht werden. Sofern Sie nicht zu den angegebenen Empfängern gehören, benachrichtigen Sie bitte unverzüglich den Absender. Der Inhalt darf weder an Dritte weitergegeben noch zu anderen Zwecken verwendet werden. Die Informationen dürfen auch nicht auf einem Datenträger gespeichert oder auf einen Datenträger kopiert werden.

CONFIDENTIALITY:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.

Re: DLL not found error for new device adapter

nanthony

Hi Hara,

It is possible that the DLL you’ve copied has some external dependencies which are satisfied on your computer but not on the new one. You can use this software: https://lucasg.github.io/Dependencies/ to determine if there are any missing dependencies.

Hope that helps,

  Nick

Re: DLL not found error for new device adapter

P.Almada
Hi Hara,

One issue I've had is that there can be some backwards-incompatible updates to the source-code. Have you tried testing the DLL against the latest nightly build of micro-manager? You may also need to install the latest visual studio redistributable on the test machine if you've compiled the DLL with a recent version of Visual Studio.

Otherwise, as suggested, dependency walker will help.

All the best,
Pedro

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 18:16, Nicholas Michael Anthony <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Hara,

It is possible that the DLL you’ve copied has some external dependencies which are satisfied on your computer but not on the new one. You can use this software: https://lucasg.github.io/Dependencies/ to determine if there are any missing dependencies.

Hope that helps,

  Nick

Re: DLL not found error for new device adapter

Hara Honnappa

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the suggestion! I used Dependencies and figured out there was a dll missing. I resolved the issue by installing the vc++ redistribution package.

Thank you!