Debugging MMStudio with Nikon TI2

nanthony
I have a Nikon TI2 system that works fine when running micro-manager in
standard mode. However, when I try to debug MMStudio from NetBeans I get an
error saying that the Nikon TI2 module cannot be loaded. I would think that
having my working directory set to the Micro-manager directory with all of
the DLLs would be enough for them to be loaded. Has anyone experienced
something similar?

--Nick

Re: Debugging MMStudio with Nikon TI2

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Nick,
> I have a Nikon TI2 system that works fine when running micro-manager in
> standard mode. However, when I try to debug MMStudio from NetBeans I get an
> error saying that the Nikon TI2 module cannot be loaded. I would think that
> having my working directory set to the Micro-manager directory with all of
> the DLLs would be enough for them to be loaded. Has anyone experienced
> something similar?

I experienced something similar with the AndorSDK.  Adding the
micro-manager directory to the PATH (under Windows environment
variables) solver that for me.

Re: Debugging MMStudio with Nikon TI2

ArielNajlis
Hi All,

Does anyone know what are the steps and driver to configure in order to make the laptop's integrated webcam work?

Thanks and regards

El lun., 24 de feb. de 2020 a la(s) 18:42, Stuurman, Nico ([hidden email]) escribió:
Hi Nick,
> I have a Nikon TI2 system that works fine when running micro-manager in
> standard mode. However, when I try to debug MMStudio from NetBeans I get an
> error saying that the Nikon TI2 module cannot be loaded. I would think that
> having my working directory set to the Micro-manager directory with all of
> the DLLs would be enough for them to be loaded. Has anyone experienced
> something similar?

I experienced something similar with the AndorSDK.  Adding the
micro-manager directory to the PATH (under Windows environment
variables) solver that for me.

Re: Debugging MMStudio with Nikon TI2

nanthony

Thanks Nico,

Adding the micro-manager directory to “PATH” seems to have fixed the problem though it’s strange that most SDKs work without needing to do this.

Ariel, I’ve never working with webcams for Micro-Manager, you might try the OpenCVGrabber. Unfortunately the documentation seems to have disappeared: https://micro-manager.org/wiki/OpenCVgrabber

--Nick

On 2/24/20 3:27 PM, Ariel Najlis wrote:
> Thank you! Yes, strange is that the Opencvgrabber dll is available in
> the installation folder path but not available to choose from the
> driver wizard

That means that it needs drivers/dlls that it depends on.  It is indeed
sad that the OpenCVGrabber documentation disappeared.  The code and
documentation were written by Ed Simmons, and he decided to host the
documentation on his own website.  Regretfully, his website disappeared,
and therefore the documentation is gone as well (this is the reason I do
not like remote hosting of Micro-Manager documentation).  I found the
following on archive.org, let us know if it is helpful:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160417225148/http://www.esimagingsolutions.com/resources/case-studies/73-opencvgrabber-using-frame-grabbers-and-web-cameras-with-micro-manager