Display crashing during scripted acquisition

Display crashing during scripted acquisition

ponjavic
Hi,

I'm using micromanager 2.0 since it's compatible with Nikon TI2.

We have a bunch of old scripts for 1.4 that worked great with a main loop for capturing ~300000 or so frames that looked like:

while (mmc.getRemainingImageCount() > 0 || mmc.isSequenceRunning(mmc.getCameraDevice())) {
if (mmc.getRemainingImageCount() > 0) {
img = mmc.popNextImage();
processor.setPixels(img);
stack.addSlice("", processor, previousTiffFrame);
previousTiffFrame++;

// Display the stacked burst
gui.displayImage(img);
}
}

I've recreated this using Datastore and DisplayWindow:

while ((mmc.getRemainingImageCount() > 0) || mmc.isSequenceRunning()) {
if (mmc.getRemainingImageCount() > 0) {
tagged = mmc.popNextTaggedImage();
image = mm.data().convertTaggedImage(tagged);
Coords coords = builder.time(frm).build();
Image image = image.copyAtCoords(coords);
store.putImage(image);
frm++;
}
}

Where the store is tied to a displaywindow.

My problem is that after about 15000 frames the display fps starts to drop severely and then ultimately the display becomes gray and nothing is updated. Data is still taken and saved fine but I cannot see it. Interestingly if I interrupt the script and start a new run the displaywindow is still gray and does not update. If I go live manually it displays just fine.

I tried to bypass the DisplayWindow but that did not help:

while ((mmc.getRemainingImageCount() > 0) || mmc.isSequenceRunning()) {
if (mmc.getRemainingImageCount() > 0) {
tagged = mmc.popNextTaggedImage();
image = mm.data().convertTaggedImage(tagged);
mm.live().displayImage(image);
Coords coords = builder.time(frm).build();
Image image = image.copyAtCoords(coords);
store.putImage(image);
frm++;
}
}