Duplicating frames from an aborted recording

Duplicating frames from an aborted recording

Alex Klotz
Hi,
First time posting to this list, sorry if I violate some unwritten etiquette or repeat what's already known. I have annoying problem with MicroManager that I will describe.

When I record microscopy data, I set how many frames I want to record for (typically a few thousand), and sometimes I want to stop earlier so I'll hit abort. Then I select a region of interest, and either duplicate the frame range that I want, or crop the movie to that ROI.
The problem arises when I have hit the abort button, and accidentally crop or duplicate the entire ROI, without specifying that it should only do that over the frames I care about. For example, if I was recording 5000 frames and I aborted it at 3000, but then selected an ROI and told it to crop. ImageJ/MicroManager does not like this at all, and basically takes away my ability to perform any image processing operations or to save any files. I typically have to wait several minutes before I'm allowed to try duplicating or cropping agian, or saving some of my open files. Sometimes it just crashes entirely after a few minutes. Yes, I realize this is user error, but I feel like the penalty for selecting too big a frame range should not be as steep.
I hope I have made clear what the problem is. Is there a fix for this?

Re: Duplicating frames from an aborted recording

Knecht, David
If you abort, why not first eliminate the missing frames by first doing Image/Stacks/Tools/Slice Keeper?

Dr. David Knecht
Professor, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
U-3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
860-486-2200

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.sourceforge.net%2Flists%2Flistinfo%2Fmicro-manager-general&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cdavid.knecht%40uconn.edu%7C27130496a95846d3b7c708d6920c8bfe%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C636856979927211547&amp;sdata=x8rC823hazv8yiYc5VchR7m7wOZgDgCjqps0R1ldCWk%3D&amp;reserved=0