EPI-shutter TE2000-E

Mika
Hi.
I just installed a Hamamatsu Spark and  Micromanager 1.4 and 2.0 for Nikon TE2000-E. I needed to use a serial to USB adapter to enable communication between the PC and the scope. Otherwise all works fine except that every time shutter is involved I get an error message (14) and that I should check it is connected to the PC. Of course it is and I'm sort of tumbling in the dark here...I already tried to increase the delay time for the shutter but didn't bring anything except I got the error a bit later. Maybe someone had an idea what's going on here...

Best,

Mika

iWrote it!

Re: EPI-shutter TE2000-E

Austin
I’d first try controlling the shutter directly from the scope, then from the MM device/property browser. if things work there then look at the delay time.

Austin Blanco
Advanced Research Consulting Corporation
e. [hidden email]
w. www.advancedresearch.co
c. 510.708.2995

On 6/13/2017 9:29 AM, ICIT wrote:
> Hi.
> I just installed a Hamamatsu Spark and  Micromanager 1.4 and 2.0 for Nikon TE2000-E. I needed to use a serial to USB adapter to enable communication between the PC and the scope. Otherwise all works fine except that every time shutter is involved I get an error message (14) and that I should check it is connected to the PC.

There is support for an epi-shutter and a Uniblitz shutter in the TE2000
MM device adapter.  Maybe you have a Uniblitz shutter?