Eclipse - Debug Environment

Marco Flachmann

Hello guys,

I’m fighting to create a clean plugin development environment which consists of

  • Windows 10 64 bit
  • Open JDK 13.0.1
  • ImageJ 1.52r
  • MicroManager 1.4.22

  • Eclipse Photon 4.8.0

In Eclipse:

We are using an external build configuration (separate build.xml) to generate the plugin jar-file.

This works nicely.

For debugging purposes I just added the ImageJ source directory as an additional link for the ij library.

And I added an additional debug configuration (Main class: ij.ImageJ, Program arguments: -debug)

Unfortunately this quick approach did not work – after starting our plugin it seems that ImageJ itself runs

Inside of some kind of debug loop: inside the log window I can only see key press events loggings but our

Pugin does not continue.

I found the general approach for debugging purposes to start a separate ImageJ project in Eclipse and

To add a separate project inside workspace for own plugins.

Since we are using git and have several different plugins I’m wondering if this the only approach to have
a nice debugging environment.

Can anyone provide alternative ideas?

Otherwise we have to restructure our git repository dramatically

Best regards

Marco

Re: Eclipse - Debug Environment

nanthony

Hi Marco,

All of my experience with plugins has been for MicroManager 2.0 and using Netbeans so I’m not sure how comparable everything is. However, the instructions here have always worked well for me: https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Writing_plugins_for_Micro-Manager

Hope that helps,

  Nick