Error code: 37. Camera image buffer read failed

FS

Error code: 37. Camera image buffer read failed

FS
Dear MM users/developers,

I have got the following error during my timelapse. It is the second time this happens:

Error code: 37.
Camera image buffer read failed

CONTEXT:
-The error happened 14-hours into my timelapse, so is not frequent occurrence (but enough to ruin my experiment...)
-It occurred during software-based autofocusing (TB autofocus device).

EQUIPMENT:
- Software version: 1.3.43 on winXP -- sorry Nico, I'll upgrade to the next version for my next experiment
- Memory: I have 640Mb assigned to ImageJ, and 100Mb for Sequence buffer size
- Camera: Photometrics HQ2. Also occured previously on a Photometrics EZ

END OF CORELOG FOR THAT EXPERIMENT:
DBG(888, t:3AA8DAE8:) Waiting for device XYStage...
DBG(888, t:3AA8DAE8:) Device COM9 debug message: Serial port COM9 wrote: /
DBG(888, t:3AA8DAE8:) Device COM9 debug message:  Port: COM9.Read: N
DBG(888, t:3AA8DAE8:) Finished waiting.
DBG(888, t:3AA8DAE8:) Device COM8 debug message: Serial TX: 170
DBG(888, t:3AA8DAE8:) Device COM8 debug message: Serial RX: ª [170 ]
DBG(888, t:3AA8DAE8:) Waiting

On COM8 is a Sutter Lambda 10-B / SmartShutter running a shutter and a filter wheel. It has 2000ms timeout, 9600 BaudRate, 0 DelayBetweenCharsMs, Handshaking off, Parity = None, Stopbits = 1.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Francois

Re: Error code: 37. Camera image buffer read failed

Hoover, Karl
Hi Francois,

We had some intermittent trouble with a Photometrics Cascade 512, the symptoms were different from your description, we would see Windows Blue Screens and micro-Manager would intermittantly crash or hang. After we updated the Photometrics libraries to version 2.7.1 and the driver to version 3.0.0 the camera performed very reliably; the blue screens, crashes and hangs disappeared.

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

Error code: 37. Camera image buffer read failed - more information

Hoover, Karl
Francois,

When you see the Error code 37 from the camera, I am most certain you should see one of the following messages in the corelog:

 "Timeout in GetImageBuffer"

 "GetImageBuffer: status == READOUT_FAILED"

 "GetImageBuffer: status != READOUT_COMPLETE"

Could you double check your corelog from the time of the error and let us know? Would it be better if the acquisition continued to run in this case?

Best Regards,

Karl Hoover

________________________________

FS

Re: Error code: 37. Camera image buffer read failed - more information

FS
Hoover, Karl wrote
When you see the Error code 37 from the camera, I am most certain you should see one of the following messages in the corelog:

 "Timeout in GetImageBuffer"

 "GetImageBuffer: status == READOUT_FAILED"

 "GetImageBuffer: status != READOUT_COMPLETE"

Could you double check your corelog from the time of the error and let us know? Would it be better if the acquisition continued to run in this case?
Hi Karl,

Going earlier in my Corelog, I see the following:

LOG(2010-02-23T02:54:38.296875, 888, 3AA8DAE8:): Device Camera-1 message: Timeout in GetImageBuffer, in file: .\PVCAMUniversal.cpp, line: 1346
LOG(2010-02-23T02:54:38.296875, 888, 3AA8DAE8:): Error occured. Device CMMCore::getImage(). Camera image buffer read failed.

I do not have the other lines you mentioned.
To note, I have Photometrics libraries 2.7.9.1, and the WDF Driver for Photometrics 1394 Cameras v 1.1.0.0

It definitely would be better if the acquisition continued to run. If I understand it well, I might miss just one image, but the rest would be intact.

I moved to a Photometrics camera from a Hamamatsu because I was getting Blue Screens... I hope I didn't trade one set of problems for another...