Error in Multi-D Acquisition while connected to Matlab

Error in Multi-D Acquisition while connected to Matlab

yiftachd
Hi,

I'm using matlab (2019a) in order to interface the GUI of Micro-Manager
(1.4.23 20190515) while running a GUI of my own in parallel to operate other
instruments. Everything works just fine, but I'm getting the following error
when I try to acquire images using Multi-D acquisition in the MM GUI:

"JSONArray initial value should be a string or collection or array"

Do I need to initialize something in my code before I press "Acquire!" in
the multi-D acquisition window?

Thanks in advance,
Yiftach

Re: Error in Multi-D Acquisition while connected to Matlab

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Yiftach,
> I'm using matlab (2019a) in order to interface the GUI of Micro-Manager
> (1.4.23 20190515) while running a GUI of my own in parallel to operate other
> instruments. Everything works just fine, but I'm getting the following error
> when I try to acquire images using Multi-D acquisition in the MM GUI:
>
> "JSONArray initial value should be a string or collection or array"
>
> Do I need to initialize something in my code before I press "Acquire!" in
> the multi-D acquisition window?

I ran into a similar issue a few days ago while playing with
Micro-Manager dependencies (the "jars" included in the
plugins/Micro-Manager directory.  My feeling is that Matlab replaces
something on the classpath that MM needs.  Could be the JSON library
itself (json.org).  Regretfully, MM includes its own copy in the source
code (i like to change that, but a bit scared it may break things).

Look for a JSON library on the classpath.

Does MM work correctly when you run it by itself?

Re: Error in Multi-D Acquisition while connected to Matlab

Bruno
Hi,

I have found the same problem but only on MATLAB 2018b.
When I use MATLAB 2016b I dont get the error.
And when using MM on its own it also works perfectly well.

So it seems to depend on the MATLAB version.
Do you have any ideas why this could be the case?

Best,
Bruno.