Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

bjornagn
Hi

I have been controlling my Andor Luca R camera with MM for the past weeks without any problems but two days ago I moved the camera to another setup and in the meantime I upgraded MM to the latest nightly-built since I was trying out some other devices in the meantime.

When I put the Luca back on the original setup, the MM could not control the camera anymore.  The computer sees the camera and all the drivers are the same (I am using a 64 bit version of MM on a Windows 7).  I am able to control the camera with the software provided by Andor.

When I use the Hardware wissard in MM, I can hear that MM communicates with the camera since the fan-speed of the camera slowly decreases when I start the wizzard.  When I try to ad Andor device, MM detects Luca R, but when I press add, I get the error message "Error in device Andor, Error code 20991 (51ff hex)"

Does anyone have a clue what this error message means and how I can get MM to successfully control my camera?

Best regards,
Björn

Re: Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

Pariksheet Nanda
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:38 AM, bjornagn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I try to ad Andor device, MM detects Luca R, but when I
> press add, I get the error message "Error in device Andor, Error code 20991
> (51ff hex)"
>
> Does anyone have a clue what this error message means and how I can get MM
> to successfully control my camera?

Error 20991 means DRV_NOT_SUPPORTED from the Andor SDK user's guide
error codes page.  So this could mean there's a bug in the MM
DeviceAdapter calling a function of your Luca-R camera which it does
not support (more specifically the bug is this error return needs to
be handled properly).

Which version of MM were you running on your previous setup, and can
you advise the version of your nightly-build?  You could downgrade to
that previous version to get it working, but it would be much better
for us to investigate and fix this issue to help other MM users.

> Björn

Pariksheet

Re: Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

Pariksheet Nanda
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Pariksheet Nanda
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Which version of MM were you running on your previous setup, and can
> you advise the version of your nightly-build?

Can you also attach and send your CoreLog please?

>> Björn

Pariksheet

Re: Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

bjornagn
Hi, and thank you for your prompt resoponse and sorry for my late.

My working nightly build is 1.4.8 20120306

And the one I was unable to use is 1.4.11 20120618

I reverted to the working one and the system works now.

CoreLog20120625.txt
CoreLog20120621.txt

Best regards,
Björn

Re: Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

damienrj
CoreLog20120718.txt

Hello,
I am having the same problem after I upgraded to micromanger 1.4 from 1.3.  I don't know if it has something to do with upgrading the the 64 bit version or not.
Thank You,
Damien

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM, damienrj <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't know if it has something to do with upgrading the the 64 bit version
> or not.

No, it's not a 64-bit issue since Björn's CoreLog shows he got the
Luca camera working on his new computer by simply downgrading
Micro-Manager to 1.4.8-20120306.

I've raised bug# 7162 for the Andor software team to investigate this problem.

> Damien

Pariksheet

Re: Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

damienrj
I installed 4.1.8 and it appears to be working pretty well.  Thank you for the help!

Damien

Re: Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

damienrj
Hello,
I was wondering if Andor Luca support has been re-added to the current version of Micro-manger. The last time I tried, the camera was not supported.  There are some bugs in 4.1.8, and I want to see if they are still present in the current version.

Thanks

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 2:50 PM, damienrj <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering if Andor Luca support has been re-added to the current
> version of Micro-manger.

The fault you're seeing with the Luca is due to some change in Andor's
DLL file.

So what you can do until this is fixed is use the latest version of
Micro-Manager and downgrade the Andor DLL as described in the support
advisory here:
http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/MMwiki/index.php/Andor#Andor_SDK

This will not affect the performance of your camera.

The Andor software team is aware of the issue and will fix it in a
future Micro-Manager release.

Pariksheet

Re: Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

Matthew Milford
Hey guys,

I've just applied a change to SVN for this, Luca should work properly now, you should be able to use it in the next nightly build.

Regards,
Matthew Milford

Re: Error message 90991 (51ff hex)

Arthur D. Edelstein