Extra 25 ms interval between frames

Moon Chad
Hi all,

I am using Micromanager's Live replay plug-in for acquiring images.
CCD currently being used in our lab is Andor's DU-897 which is capable of imaging up to 56 fps. However, when I set the exposure to 100 ms and obtain the image with Live replay plug-in, the actual interval time between images is 125 ms (100+25). And most of time, I obtain this extra 25 ms of inteval between frames for different exposure time also. Would this be the problem of CCD in our lab or I am curious whether micromanager or Live replay plug-in could be the cause.

Thanks,

Hyungseok Moon

Re: Extra 25 ms interval between frames

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Hyungseok,

> I am using Micromanager's Live replay plug-in for acquiring images.
> CCD currently being used in our lab is Andor's DU-897 which is capable
> of imaging up to 56 fps. However, when I set the exposure to 100 ms
> and obtain the image with Live replay plug-in, the actual interval
> time between images is 125 ms (100+25). And most of time, I obtain
> this extra 25 ms of inteval between frames for different exposure time
> also. Would this be the problem of CCD in our lab or I am curious
> whether micromanager or Live replay plug-in could be the cause.

Those 25ms are most likely the read-out time of the sensor.  In the
property browser, look for a property called "overlap-mode", or
"FrameTransfer-mode" or something similar.  Set that to on, and the 25
ms will disappear.  However, be aware that in this mode, you can never
get exposures lower than 25 ms.