FV1200 stability

Petro
Hi,
It is an off topic for this mailing list but I have no idea where else to ask. I have hard times with Olympus FV1200 software controlling FV1200 confocal unit. It is crashing very often. Anybody else had such experience? Cannot decide if the software is written badly or it is a problem with my setup.
Thank you in advance.
Petro.

Re: FV1200 stability

Peterbauer Thomas
On 2017-12-08 11:23, Piter_ wrote:
> Hi,
> It is an off topic for this mailing list but I have no idea where else
> to ask. I have hard times with Olympus FV1200 software controlling
> FV1200 confocal unit. It is crashing very often.

For problems of that kind use the confocal microscopy list at:

https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Best,
Thomas

Re: FV1200 stability

m.losen

Dear Petro,

We had a similar problem years ago. It was entirely caused by an unstable/defective power supply of the PC controlling the (Olympus) microscope. Several devices (including the camera) were drawing power directly from the PC, hence the apparent association with the use of (Olympus) software in our case.

Everything was resolved by changing the PC.

Hope this helps,

Mario