FYSCOPE device

caduarte7
Hi everybody,

I bought this camera

https://en.aliexpress.com/item/FYSCOPE-5-0MP-USB-Industry-Microscope-Eyepiece-Camera-1-2-5-F-DigitalMicroscopes-Fit-23-2/32805069629.html?spm= a2g0s.9042311.0.0.hQxnz4

There is no manual or technical information in the box.

Can I make it work in MM for Windows? Which device to use?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers!

Carlos

--
..... __@
...._ \ >_/

Re: FYSCOPE device

Christopher Hurt
Hi Carlos,

The link is broken for me, but I have a couple of cameras of a similar ilk in my classroom, and I’ve had no major problems getting them to work with the openCV framework. The only catch I’ve seen, is that windows will see them and use a default USB video driver, which is not compatible, however as soon as I have the actual driver installed (e.g. one of mine was the YW-500), results were reasonable.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer, and best of luck!

-Chris

Chris Hurt M.A. SLHS | Teacher
East Central High School - E305
12150 E 11th St
Tulsa, OK 74128

T: 918-746-6300
[hidden email]

On Dec 18, 2017, at 7:00 PM, Carlos Eduardo Vilas Boas de Siqueira <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I bought this camera

https://en.aliexpress.com/item/FYSCOPE-5-0MP-USB-Industry-Microscope-Eyepiece-Camera-1-2-5-F-DigitalMicroscopes-Fit-23-2/32805069629.html?spm= a2g0s.9042311.0.0.hQxnz4

There is no manual or technical information in the box.

Can I make it work in MM for Windows? Which device to use?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers!

Carlos

--
..... __@
...._ \ >_/
...(  )/ (_)_

Re: FYSCOPE device

caduarte7
Hi Cris,

Sorry for the link, here is the correct one
https://en.aliexpress.com/item/FYSCOPE-5-0MP-USB-Industry-Microscope-Eyepiece-Camera-1-2-5-F-DigitalMicroscopes-Fit-23-2/32805069629.html

As you said, the driver for the camera is YW-500, but unfortunately, I have not found on the internet any other to install in place of the standard windows driver.

See attached image with device information.

Please tell me which driver you use.

Cheers.

[...]

FYSCOPE.PNG (89K) Download Attachment

Re: FYSCOPE device

Christopher Hurt
Hello Carlos,

Even the new link shows as broken, but I’ll send you a shared dropbox link for the YW500 camera driver I have if it helps, though seeing that listing in the device manager makes me think that it should be installed if it is working. On my machines, it showed up as “USB video device” before the driver install.

Let me know if you think it would help, or if I can help in any other way

-Chris

On Dec 20, 2017, at 11:45 AM, Carlos Eduardo Vilas Boas de Siqueira <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Chris,

I do not know what happens to the link, I tested before copying it into the message but after sending the link breaks. I'm sending it one more time.

here an image link https://goo.gl/images/Fg8WW9

I'm trying to use openCVgrabber but I get the error message:

"Error in device openCVgrabber: Could not get an image from this camera (201)"

Probably because of the standard windows driver.

Thanks if you can send your driver, so I can test it.

cheers

[...]

this is the driver that came with mine, not sure it will work with yours, but you are welcome to give it a try

-Chris