Flat Field Correction presets - multiple objectives and filter cubes

Flat Field Correction presets - multiple objectives and filter cubes

Stanislav Vitha-2
Hallo,
I am setting up Flat Field Correction and have trouble getting it configured correctly:
The help indicates one should create  a preset in Channels group that contains the relevant settings, like filter cube, objective, other filters

I have  six different objectives and five filter cubes.  Should I create one preset for each filter cube and objective combo (10x-GFP, 20x-dry-GFP, 20x-oil-GFP-40x-GFP, 60x-water-GFP, 100x-GFP, 10x-DAPI, ....).
That will give me 30 presets to deal with.
Or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Stan Vitha
Microscopy and Imaging Center
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX

Re: Flat Field Correction presets - multiple objectives and filter cubes

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Stan,

On 12/5/2017 2:29 PM, Stanislav Vitha wrote:
> I am setting up Flat Field Correction and have trouble getting it configured correctly:
> The help indicates one should create  a preset in Channels group that contains the relevant settings, like filter cube, objective, other filters
>
> I have  six different objectives and five filter cubes.  Should I create one preset for each filter cube and objective combo (10x-GFP, 20x-dry-GFP, 20x-oil-GFP-40x-GFP, 60x-water-GFP, 100x-GFP, 10x-DAPI, ....).
> That will give me 30 presets to deal with.

Will you have (and use) flatfield images for all of these settings? If
so, you will need to make all those presets (acquiring the faltfield
images seems much more work than making those presets;)