Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Pranav Agrawal

Hi Everyone,

I have started receiving this message as soon as I try to take image. I am using Andor Zyla camera.
I have re-installed the latest version of Micro manager but still the problem persist.

I have not made any changes to the configuration or setup.
When I look into the log file I see this error " Error: Coercing position count to 1". I have also attached the log file for your reference.

Can anyone suggest me some ways of fixing this?

Thanks

Regards,

Pranav

CoreLog20170119T175509_pid4604.txt (22K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

JonD
Administrator
Pranav Agrawal wrote
I have started receiving this message as soon as I try to take image. I am
using Andor Zyla camera.
I have re-installed the latest version of Micro manager but still the
problem persist.
There is a known issue with 1.4.22 and Andor sCMOS cameras.  The solution is to use a nightly build 20150820 or newer (I see no reason not to use the newest nightly build).  That is noted on the download page but easy to miss.

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Pranav Agrawal
Thanks Jon for the reply.
I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist. As soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working".

Is there anything else I can do to correct this?

Thanks

Pranav

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:17 AM, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pranav Agrawal wrote
> I have started receiving this message as soon as I try to take image. I am
> using Andor Zyla camera.
> I have re-installed the latest version of Micro manager but still the
> problem persist.

There is a known issue with 1.4.22 and Andor sCMOS cameras.  The solution is
to use a nightly build 20150820 or newer (I see no reason not to use the
newest nightly build).  That is noted on the download page but easy to miss.

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: <a href="tel:%28541%29%20461-8181%20x118" value="+15414618181">(541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Kurt Thorn
On 1/20/2017 12:21 PM, Pranav Agrawal wrote:
Thanks Jon for the reply.
I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist. As soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working".

Is there anything else I can do to correct this?

Thanks

Pranav

Are you using the latest Andor SDK? I had some problems with one of our Zylas that resolved once I updated to the latest SDK.

Kurt

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:17 AM, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pranav Agrawal wrote
> I have started receiving this message as soon as I try to take image. I am
> using Andor Zyla camera.
> I have re-installed the latest version of Micro manager but still the
> problem persist.

There is a known issue with 1.4.22 and Andor sCMOS cameras.  The solution is
to use a nightly build 20150820 or newer (I see no reason not to use the
newest nightly build).  That is noted on the download page but easy to miss.

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28541%29%20461-8181%20x118" value="+15414618181">(541) 461-8181 x118

Kurt Thorn
Associate Professor
Director, Nikon Imaging Center
http://thornlab.ucsf.edu/
http://nic.ucsf.edu/blog/

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

JonD
Pranav Agrawal wrote
I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist. As
soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM)
Platform SE binary has stopped working".

Is there anything else I can do to correct this?
I would check that your Andor drivers are the latest; link and more information at https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Andor_SDK3.

Otherwise I suggest contacting Andor directly.  I'm pretty sure they support the device adapter for their hardware (good for them!) and in the past they have also had someone watching this listserv.

It will be helpful to them if you generate a problem report for them (main MM window: Help -> Report Problem..) and then on last screen instead of submitting the report (to what I assume is currently a black hole) click the button to view the report and save it as a text file.

Good luck!

Phone: 541-461-8181 x118

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Pranav Agrawal
Thanks Kurt and Jon for your reply.

I have updated the drivers as well, yet the problem persist. I will try to contact Andor as well.
Just for your reference I am attaching the problem report as well as error log generated by MM.

Let me know if you have any other suggestion, I can try.
Thanks

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pranav Agrawal wrote
> I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist. As
> soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM)
> Platform SE binary has stopped working".
>
> Is there anything else I can do to correct this?

I would check that your Andor drivers are the latest; link and more
information at https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Andor_SDK3.

Otherwise I suggest contacting Andor directly.  I'm pretty sure they support
the device adapter for their hardware (good for them!) and in the past they
have also had someone watching this listserv.

It will be helpful to them if you generate a problem report for them (main
MM window: Help -> Report Problem..) and then on last screen instead of
submitting the report (to what I assume is currently a black hole) click the
button to view the report and save it as a text file.

Good luck!

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: <a href="tel:541-461-8181%20x118" value="+15414618181">541-461-8181 x118

Problem Report.txt (25K) Download Attachment
hs_err_pid7144.log (39K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

dmahecic
Hi all,

I am having the same problem. Has anyone managed to solve this yet? I am
using the Andor Zyla 4.2 camera and MM version 2.00-beta3 20170420.

When I try to start Live, the program crashes with the "JAVA(TM) Platform SE
binary has stopped working" error. I used the same configuration last week
without problems. I have attached the crash log:

hs_err_pid524.log
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396745/hs_err_pid524.log>

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Dora

Pranav Agrawal wrote

> Thanks Kurt and Jon for your reply.
>
> I have updated the drivers as well, yet the problem persist. I will try to
> contact Andor as well.
> Just for your reference I am attaching the problem report as well as error
> log generated by MM.
>
> Let me know if you have any other suggestion, I can try.
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM, JonD &lt;

> jon@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Pranav Agrawal wrote
>> > I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist.
>> As
>> > soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM)
>> > Platform SE binary has stopped working".
>> >
>> > Is there anything else I can do to correct this?
>>
>> I would check that your Andor drivers are the latest; link and more
>> information at https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Andor_SDK3.
>>
>> Otherwise I suggest contacting Andor directly.  I'm pretty sure they
>> support
>> the device adapter for their hardware (good for them!) and in the past
>> they
>> have also had someone watching this listserv.
>>
>> It will be helpful to them if you generate a problem report for them
>> (main
>> MM window: Help -> Report Problem..) and then on last screen instead of
>> submitting the report (to what I assume is currently a black hole) click
>> the
>> button to view the report and save it as a text file.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Jon

>> Jon Daniels
>> Applied Scientific Instrumentation
>> 29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
>> Phone: 541-461-8181 x118

> Problem Report.txt (25K)
> &lt;http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7588036/0/Problem%20Report.txt&gt;
> hs_err_pid7144.log (39K)
> &lt;http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7588036/1/hs_err_pid7144.log&gt;

Re: -|EXT|- Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

AndorThirdParty
Hello Dora,

Are you using a USB camera or a Camera Link camera? In fact do you know the serial number of your camera?
What version of the Andor Driver pack 3 have you installed?
Are you able to acquire a snap or does it also crash? What about MDA?

I have uploaded custom Andor SDK3 dlls that could help us diagnose your problem here: http://www.andor.com/ftp/8582/SDK%203.13.30034.0%20debug%20dlls.zip
Those dlls generate a log file that can tell us what's going on between MicroManager and the camera.
Here's how you can use them:
In the MicroManager folder you should find all SDK3 dlls (any dll file starting with "at").
Copy them to a backup folder (you can simply create a folder called "backup" directly in the MicroManager folder for that purpose).
Once your SDK3 dlls have been backed up you can copy the dlls from the link above to your MicroManager folder.
At that point simply restart MicroManager and reproduce the problem.
You can now open your Windows explorer and go to your temporary folder by typing %temp% in the address bar. Here you should find a file called "atdebug.log".
Simply zip this file and send it to us either via the mailing list or directly to [hidden email].
Once this is done, copy back the dlls you backed up to your MicroManager folder.

Regards,

Christophe Messaouik
Senior Software Engineer
Andor Technology

I am having the same problem. Has anyone managed to solve this yet? I am using the Andor Zyla 4.2 camera and MM version 2.00-beta3 20170420.

When I try to start Live, the program crashes with the "JAVA(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working" error. I used the same configuration last week without problems. I have attached the crash log:

hs_err_pid524.log
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396745/hs_err_pid524.log>

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Dora

Pranav Agrawal wrote

> Thanks Kurt and Jon for your reply.
>
> I have updated the drivers as well, yet the problem persist. I will
> try to contact Andor as well.
> Just for your reference I am attaching the problem report as well as
> error log generated by MM.
>
> Let me know if you have any other suggestion, I can try.
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM, JonD &lt;

> jon@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Pranav Agrawal wrote
>> > I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist.
>> As
>> > soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message
>> > "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working".
>> >
>> > Is there anything else I can do to correct this?
>>
>> I would check that your Andor drivers are the latest; link and more
>> information at https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Andor_SDK3.
>>
>> Otherwise I suggest contacting Andor directly.  I'm pretty sure they
>> support the device adapter for their hardware (good for them!) and in
>> the past they have also had someone watching this listserv.
>>
>> It will be helpful to them if you generate a problem report for them
>> (main MM window: Help -> Report Problem..) and then on last screen
>> instead of submitting the report (to what I assume is currently a
>> black hole) click the button to view the report and save it as a text
>> file.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Jon

>> Jon Daniels
>> Applied Scientific Instrumentation
>> 29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
>> Phone: 541-461-8181 x118

> Problem Report.txt (25K)
> &lt;http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7588036/0/Pr
> oblem%20Report.txt&gt;
> hs_err_pid7144.log (39K)
> &lt;http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/attachment/7588036/1/hs
> _err_pid7144.log&gt;

+++Scanned for Viruses by ForcePoint+++

___________________________________________________________________________This e-mail is confidential and is for the addressee only.  Please refer to www.oxinst.com/email-statement for regulatory information.

Re: -|EXT|- Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

dmahecic
Hi Christophe,

Sorry for the late reply. I am using the Camera Link. Unfortunately I can't
find the serial number. I have installed AndorDriverPack3Setup-3.13.30034.0.

The same error occurs for MDAs. When I take a snap, usually MM displays a
dark frame, and then if I try to take a snap again it crashes without
displaying any errors.

The atdebug.log from the live error is attached.  atdebug.log
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396745/atdebug.log>

Thanks for your help!

Dora

Re: -|EXT|- Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

dmahecic
I found the serial number: VSC-01583.
The java error sometimes disappears and I am able to take images again as
usual. I am not sure however what causes the error to disappear.

dmahecic wrote

> Hi Christophe,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. I am using the Camera Link. Unfortunately I
> can't
> find the serial number. I have installed
> AndorDriverPack3Setup-3.13.30034.0.
>
> The same error occurs for MDAs. When I take a snap, usually MM displays a
> dark frame, and then if I try to take a snap again it crashes without
> displaying any errors.
>
> The atdebug.log from the live error is attached.  atdebug.log
> &lt;http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/file/t396745/atdebug.log&gt;
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Dora
>

> --
> Sent from: http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/

Re: -|EXT|- Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

AndorThirdParty
Hello Dora,

I spent some time today investigating this issue.

Using your version of MicroManager and the Andor driver pack I was unable to recreate the error you saw. There were no clear error in the log file you provided, but it looked to me like your problem occurred while retrieving an image and its metadata from the camera.

By disabling the metadata on my Zyla I was able to recreate the error you saw in live mode, and the crash without error on snap. This was caused by an access violation that I quickly fixed.

I'm still not sure if I am recreating the same problem you have, or if this is just a red herring. Could you try replacing the mmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.dll that you use with the one included at the link below, and see if it has an impact on your issue? You may want to back up the previous version first.

http://www.andor.com/ftp/22927/mmgr_dal_AndorSDK3.zip

Would you mind saving an image that you have successfully acquired and sending me the file so that I can have a look at the metadata?

Thanks,
Jack Gaston
Software Engineer