Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Pranav Agrawal

Hi Everyone,

I have started receiving this message as soon as I try to take image. I am using Andor Zyla camera.
I have re-installed the latest version of Micro manager but still the problem persist.

I have not made any changes to the configuration or setup.
When I look into the log file I see this error " Error: Coercing position count to 1". I have also attached the log file for your reference.

Can anyone suggest me some ways of fixing this?

Thanks

Regards,

Pranav

CoreLog20170119T175509_pid4604.txt (22K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

JonD
Administrator
Pranav Agrawal wrote
I have started receiving this message as soon as I try to take image. I am
using Andor Zyla camera.
I have re-installed the latest version of Micro manager but still the
problem persist.
There is a known issue with 1.4.22 and Andor sCMOS cameras.  The solution is to use a nightly build 20150820 or newer (I see no reason not to use the newest nightly build).  That is noted on the download page but easy to miss.

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: (541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Pranav Agrawal
Thanks Jon for the reply.
I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist. As soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working".

Is there anything else I can do to correct this?

Thanks

Pranav

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:17 AM, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pranav Agrawal wrote
> I have started receiving this message as soon as I try to take image. I am
> using Andor Zyla camera.
> I have re-installed the latest version of Micro manager but still the
> problem persist.

There is a known issue with 1.4.22 and Andor sCMOS cameras.  The solution is
to use a nightly build 20150820 or newer (I see no reason not to use the
newest nightly build).  That is noted on the download page but easy to miss.

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: <a href="tel:%28541%29%20461-8181%20x118" value="+15414618181">(541) 461-8181 x118

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Kurt Thorn
On 1/20/2017 12:21 PM, Pranav Agrawal wrote:
Thanks Jon for the reply.
I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist. As soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working".

Is there anything else I can do to correct this?

Thanks

Pranav

Are you using the latest Andor SDK? I had some problems with one of our Zylas that resolved once I updated to the latest SDK.

Kurt

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:17 AM, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pranav Agrawal wrote
> I have started receiving this message as soon as I try to take image. I am
> using Andor Zyla camera.
> I have re-installed the latest version of Micro manager but still the
> problem persist.

There is a known issue with 1.4.22 and Andor sCMOS cameras.  The solution is
to use a nightly build 20150820 or newer (I see no reason not to use the
newest nightly build).  That is noted on the download page but easy to miss.

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28541%29%20461-8181%20x118" value="+15414618181">(541) 461-8181 x118

Kurt Thorn
Associate Professor
Director, Nikon Imaging Center
http://thornlab.ucsf.edu/
http://nic.ucsf.edu/blog/

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

JonD
Pranav Agrawal wrote
I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist. As
soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM)
Platform SE binary has stopped working".

Is there anything else I can do to correct this?
I would check that your Andor drivers are the latest; link and more information at https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Andor_SDK3.

Otherwise I suggest contacting Andor directly.  I'm pretty sure they support the device adapter for their hardware (good for them!) and in the past they have also had someone watching this listserv.

It will be helpful to them if you generate a problem report for them (main MM window: Help -> Report Problem..) and then on last screen instead of submitting the report (to what I assume is currently a black hole) click the button to view the report and save it as a text file.

Good luck!

Phone: 541-461-8181 x118

Re: Fwd: Re: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

Pranav Agrawal
Thanks Kurt and Jon for your reply.

I have updated the drivers as well, yet the problem persist. I will try to contact Andor as well.
Just for your reference I am attaching the problem report as well as error log generated by MM.

Let me know if you have any other suggestion, I can try.
Thanks

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM, JonD <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pranav Agrawal wrote
> I have updated the latest nightlyBuild but still the problem persist. As
> soon as I try live camera, it crashes and gives the message "Java(TM)
> Platform SE binary has stopped working".
>
> Is there anything else I can do to correct this?

I would check that your Andor drivers are the latest; link and more
information at https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Andor_SDK3.

Otherwise I suggest contacting Andor directly.  I'm pretty sure they support
the device adapter for their hardware (good for them!) and in the past they
have also had someone watching this listserv.

It will be helpful to them if you generate a problem report for them (main
MM window: Help -> Report Problem..) and then on last screen instead of
submitting the report (to what I assume is currently a black hole) click the
button to view the report and save it as a text file.

Good luck!

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation
29391 West Enid Rd, Eugene, OR 97402
Phone: <a href="tel:541-461-8181%20x118" value="+15414618181">541-461-8181 x118

Problem Report.txt (25K) Download Attachment
hs_err_pid7144.log (39K) Download Attachment