GeniCam Driver

otills

Hi, I’ve been further trying to get a GigE Basler Pilot camera to work with MicroManager as yet with no success.

Has anyone managed to create a GenICam driver (http://www.genicam.org/) for micromanager?

Thanks again, Oli

Re: GeniCam Driver

Ankku
Hi Oli,
Is this the driver you were looking for (http://www.baslerweb.com/downloads/17299/pylon_5_0910.pdf)?

I have a Basler Pilot piA640-210gm and I have been using custom LabView program to control it. However, it doesn't support binning and some other features, so I was thinking of trying ImageJ/micromanager for it. Did you get your Basler Pilot to work with ImageJ? I'm trying to gauge whether it's worth improving the LabView program or is there a program that I could use for my purposes. I'm using 64bit Windows 7 and NI PCIe-8235 frame grabber.

Thank you!
Paivo Kinnunen

Re: [micro-manager-general] GeniCam Driver

otills
Hi Paivo,

Yes this is the driver that I ended up using. It incorporates two drivers I believe; a TWAIN driver and another with more features.

I used the TWAIN driver to control the camera through Image J which seemed to work. Unfortunately there were some issues with getting maximum frame rate (not sure if this is important to you- if not then ignore this..). Basler informed me that every time you stop/start the Live Preview the Enable Acquisition Frame Rate gets enabled and sets to lower frame rate. You must therefore disable the enable acquisition framerate parameter after the camera is set to live preview mode or there more comprehensive instructions:

What you must do is open the camera in ImageJ and perform the following steps:

1.) Stop the Live View (the fourth icon from left)
2.) Go to Device Config (the fourth icon from right) -> Image Format Controls -> Pixel Format -> set Mono8
3.) Close the Device Config and start the Live Preview again
4.) Go to Device Config -> Acquisition Controls -> Enable Acquisition Frame Rate -> Disable.

I think I've decided to go with an Allied Vision Pike camera as the TWAIN driver, although it works, is a bit of a nuisance and this camera would be being used very intensively. The Pike has a firewire interface so it was also much quicker and easier to setup, and also change acquisition settings, and I'm also planning on running the system on a Mac and Basler don't offer any support for  Mac OS X.

If I can offer any more help then let me know.

Good luck with it.

Oli

Re: [micro-manager-general] GeniCam Driver

Ankku
Thanks a lot Oli, I'll give it a try!

Paivo