Getting Axiovert200M to work

Nawrotzki, Ralph
Dear all,

I’m trying to connect our Axiovert 200M to our PC in oder to use Micro-Manager. During the setup of ZeissCAN, I cannot get the Port to be recognized (although the cable is properly inserted into serial ports). Do I need an extra driver installed?

Your help is much appreciated.

Best,
Ralph

PD Ralph Nawrotzki MD MME DPhil
Lehrkoordinator für Anatomie

Institut für Anatomie und Zellbiologie
Universität Heidelberg | Im Neuenheimer Feld 307
69120 Heidelberg | Germany
Tel. +49 6221 54 8666 | Fax +49 6221 54 4952

Re: Getting Axiovert200M to work

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Ralph,

> I’m trying to connect our Axiovert 200M to our PC in oder to use
> Micro-Manager. During the setup of ZeissCAN, I cannot get the Port to
> be recognized (although the cable is properly inserted into serial
> ports). Do I need an extra driver installed?

Not sure exactly what you mean with "Port not recognized".  In the old
days, your computer used to have serial port build-in, that you could
use to connect the correct (female to female null modem cable) to the
Axiovert 200m.  Nowadays, you will often need a USB to serial
converter.  Do you have one of those and does it show up as a COM port
in the Windows device manager (assuming that you are running Windows)?
Do you have that serial port connected through the correct cable to the
microscope?

Re: Getting Axiovert200M to work

Loumarx
Check that your serial to usb adapter is properly recognized AND STARTED in
Windows Device Manager: it needs to be using the correct driver.
We had an older adapter that Windows periodically updated the driver for,
and that broke it. We had to manually roll back the driver before we bought
a newer one.