Grey Point (FLIR) FlyCapture

Matthew Bakalar
Hello,
I am trying to install a Grey Point (now FLIR) Chameleon3 camera through the FlyCapture device adaptor. Has anyone had any success compiling the adaptor with the newest FlyCapture 2.12 SDK? I tried to install the FlyCapture 2.10 listed on the wiki, but I am running into a problem with the installer. Thanks.
Matt

Re: Grey Point (FLIR) FlyCapture

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Mat

> I am trying to install a Grey Point (now FLIR) Chameleon3 camera
> through the FlyCapture device adaptor. Has anyone had any success
> compiling the adaptor with the newest FlyCapture 2.12 SDK? I tried to
> install the FlyCapture 2.10 listed on the wiki, but I am running into
> a problem with the installer. Thanks.

What kind of problems?  Do these problems go away with 2.12?

I expect few problems compiling with 2.12, but it is a significant
amount of work to set up the appropriate environment.

Re: Grey Point (FLIR) FlyCapture

Matthew Bakalar
Hi Nico,
Thanks for the response. I was getting the following error near the end of 2.10 installation:
"An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'microsoft.vc80.crt type= win32'."
Following some instructions for a similar problem related to the installation of other packages, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual Studio redistributable packages. After this the 2.10 installation proceeded without problems, and I am now happily imaging!
Matt

Hi Mat