HCS Site generator - No device with label "" - Unresolved

HCS Site generator - No device with label "" - Unresolved

by98
This post was updated on .
Hello all,

When I click the "Refresh" or "Build MM List" buttons in the HCS Site
Generator, a warning message saying /Error: No device with label ""/ pops
up. (The functionality of the HCS Site Generator is not affected, because
I'm still able to create an MM List after dismissing the error, but it is
annoying nevertheless.)

There was a previous post about it years ago, but it was not clearly
resolved (
http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/HCS-Site-generator-No-device-with-label-quot-quot-td7584284.html
<http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/HCS-Site-generator-No-device-with-label-quot-quot-td7584284.html
).

What might be causing this error and how can it be resolved/suppressed?

Best,
Bhaskar

Re: HCS Site generator - No device with label ""

Stuurman, Nico
On 7/10/19 5:17 PM, by98 wrote:
> When I click the "Refresh" or "Build MM List" buttons in the HCS Site
> Generator, a warning message saying /Error: No device with label ""/ pops
> up. (The functionality of the HCS Site Generator is not affected, because
> I'm still able to create an MM List after dismissing the error, but it is
> annoying nevertheless.)

Can you generate a Problem Report (Help > Report a Problem)? That may
shed some light on what is going on.  Also, please do use 2.0-gamma (no
more changes to the 1.4 UI are planned)

> There was a previous post about it years ago, but it was not clearly
> resolved

That post suggests an association with pixel size calibration.  I tested
(in 2.0-gamma) without a pixel size calibration, but failed to replicate
the problem).