HELP! - need instruction for reconfiguration of camera to software

HELP! - need instruction for reconfiguration of camera to software

Micro-Manager mailing list

Hi,

We are trying to use the micro-manager software for our Leica MZ16 stereo microscope with a photometrics coolSNAP DYNO camera. We downloaded the software but cannot configure the camera. We selected the "hardware configuration wizard" and searched through the device options, but neither photometrics nor coolSNAP DYNO were in the list. We tried to download a driver from the photometrics website, but the camera was still not in the list.

We would like help setting up the camera to work with micro-manager. Please let us know what steps to take to connect to our equipment.

Thanks,

Mark and Anne

Re: HELP! - need instruction for reconfiguration of camera to software

JonD
Administrator
Micro-Manager mailing list wrote
> We would like help setting up the camera to work with micro-manager.
> Please let us know what steps to take to connect to our equipment.

Glancing at https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Device%20Support, if there is a
suitable device adapter it's probably PVCAM.  I've used that device adapter
but never with that camera.

It's worth contacting the hardware manufacturer (Photometrics in this case)
to see if they can help.

Jon

Re: HELP! - need instruction for reconfiguration of camera to software

Hi Mark,
> We are trying to use the micro-manager software for our Leica MZ16
> stereo microscope with a photometrics coolSNAP DYNO camera. We
> downloaded the software but cannot configure the camera. We selected
> the "hardware configuration wizard" and searched through the device
> options, but neither photometrics nor coolSNAP DYNO were in the list.
> We tried to download a driver from the photometrics website, but the
> camera was still not in the list.

Look for "PVCAM" in the list.  See:
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Photometrics

Re: HELP! - need instruction for reconfiguration of camera to software

AustinBlanco
Did you run RSCONFIG?
Did you check “PVCAM Test” ?

Try to confirm the camera works using the PM software, then get it working with MM.

Austin Blanco
Advanced Research Consulting Corporation
e. [hidden email]
w. www.advancedresearch.co
c. 510.708.2995