Hamamatsu Camera Configuration Error

Shaw A.N.
Dear all,

I am using micromanager to control an Axiovert 200M with a Hamamatsu ORCA ER camera, both of which have the correct adapters in the Micromanager hardware configuration wizard. However, every time I turn off the microscope, micromanager and camera controller, then turn them back on again, I get the error: "initialization error: Error in device "HamamatsuHam_CDCAM": Native module failed to load (6). Remove device HamamatsuHam_DCAM from list?". After removing from the list, I am then unable to add it again (error in device "HamamatsuHam_DCAM": Native module failed to load (6). This then leaves me limited options. Sometimes in the process of trying to add the module, it comes up with a Java error saying it isn't working, followed by the whole program crashing. Other times it lets me add the module after restarting the software. I am unsure as to why this is happening, but it isn't really very feasible for me to have to go through this every time I need to use this setup. Is this something anyone has experienced before, and if so, do you know how to fix the issue?
Thanks,

Alex

Re: Hamamatsu Camera Configuration Error

P.Almada
Hi Shawn,

Not sure this is very helpful but I've occasionally found DCAM to be unstable on reboot. Do you have the latest DCAM? Rebooting the computer might help DCAM re-detect the camera. You probably know this but removing the camera from the configuration won't help, by the way, it's just an option to let you connect to the rest of the hardware, sans camera.

One useful tool in DCAM is the ExCap software. It's Hamamatsu's own capture tool and if that doesn't work, you'll know it's a DCAM issue and not a micro-manager issue.

Good luck,
Pedro

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 at 15:49, Shaw A.N. <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Pedro,
Thanks for your email. Yes I have noticed it doesn't seem to work on reboot every time. Yes I have the latest DCAM driver, as I was told by the Hamamatsu engineers that different versions of their DCAm support different cameras, and version 19 supports the ORCA R2 camera I currently setup.
Upon reboot today, it seemed to work no issues. Yes I worked that out too.
I tried the ExCap tool, to no avail though. Perhaps the Hamamatsu DCAM driver is faulty and only works some of the time.
Thanks for your help. I will see what I can do by speaking to the Hamamatsu engineers.
Kind regards,
Alex