Quantcast

Hamamatsu DCAM API for linux

Christopher Brittin [RPG]

Hello,

I am trying to get Hamamatsu Orca Flash working with micro-manager on linux (Ubuntu). Hamamatsu has given me the SDK for the DCAM-API for linux but they not the micro-manager device adapter for linux.  Has anyone had any luck developing a dcam device adapter for linux? I wanted to reach out before trying to write it myself.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Hamamatsu DCAM API for linux

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Chris,

> I am trying to get Hamamatsu Orca Flash working with micro-manager on
> linux (Ubuntu). Hamamatsu has given me the SDK for the DCAM-API for
> linux but they not the micro-manager device adapter for linux.  Has
> anyone had any luck developing a dcam device adapter for linux? I
> wanted to reach out before trying to write it myself.

Before Hamamatsu took over development of the Micro-Manager DCAM
adapter, the Micro-Manager team wrote an adapter and made it available
as Open Source code.  At some point in time, some people within
Hamamatsu did not like this, and when they took over development, they
also requested us to no longer make the UCSF-written code publicly
available.

I would ask Hamamatsu for permission to get a copy of the current code
for the Hamamatsu adapter.  If that is not possible, I have the feeling
that you may be able to find a copy of the old UCSF code somewhere,
which at least could be a nice start for your own code. If you write
your own, do check with Hamamatsu whether or not you are allowed to
share the source and binaries.

Re: Hamamatsu DCAM API for linux

Christopher Brittin [RPG]

Thanks Nico! I'll make the request with Hamamatsu.

Best,

Chris

> I am trying to get Hamamatsu Orca Flash working with micro-manager on
> linux (Ubuntu). Hamamatsu has given me the SDK for the DCAM-API for
> linux but they not the micro-manager device adapter for linux.  Has
> anyone had any luck developing a dcam device adapter for linux? I
> wanted to reach out before trying to write it myself.

Before Hamamatsu took over development of the Micro-Manager DCAM
adapter, the Micro-Manager team wrote an adapter and made it available
as Open Source code.  At some point in time, some people within
Hamamatsu did not like this, and when they took over development, they
also requested us to no longer make the UCSF-written code publicly
available.

I would ask Hamamatsu for permission to get a copy of the current code
for the Hamamatsu adapter.  If that is not possible, I have the feeling
that you may be able to find a copy of the old UCSF code somewhere,
which at least could be a nice start for your own code. If you write
your own, do check with Hamamatsu whether or not you are allowed to
share the source and binaries.

Re: Hamamatsu DCAM API for linux

libisthanks_7
Do you have to use linux system for this camera?
The camera should work with windows system well.