Hamamatsu DCAM API for linux

Pierre
Hello,

I am looking for a solution to control Hamamatsu Orca cameras with Ubuntu.
I have seen that Christopher Brittin had developed a solution for that (https://sourceforge.net/p/micro-manager/mailman/message/35720788/), but I was unable to reach him.

I was wondering if by chance someone had the contact of Christopher?
Alternatively, if anyone has a solution for a Hamamatsu DCAM API for Linux, I am interested.

Thanks in advance, best,
Pierre-Alix Dancer

--
Pierre-Alix Dancer
Kaer Labs

Re: Hamamatsu DCAM API for linux

Stuurman, Nico
Hi Pierre-Alix,
> I am looking for a solution to control Hamamatsu Orca cameras with
> Ubuntu.
> I have seen that Christopher Brittin had developed a solution for that
> (https://sourceforge.net/p/micro-manager/mailman/message/35720788/),
> but I was unable to reach him.
>
> I was wondering if by chance someone had the contact of Christopher?
> Alternatively, if anyone has a solution for a Hamamatsu DCAM API for
> Linux, I am interested.

You need to contact Hamamatsu.  They can give you the DCAM api for
linux, as well as access to the source code of the device adapter, so
that you can compile it yourself (or give you a compiled version).  No
other entity can give you these things legally.

Re: Hamamatsu DCAM API for linux

Pierre
Hi Nico,

Indeed. No response from them so far but I will try again to contact them.

Many thanks,
Pierre-Alix

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 6:46 PM Stuurman, Nico <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Pierre-Alix,
> I am looking for a solution to control Hamamatsu Orca cameras with
> Ubuntu.
> I have seen that Christopher Brittin had developed a solution for that
> (https://sourceforge.net/p/micro-manager/mailman/message/35720788/),
> but I was unable to reach him.
>
> I was wondering if by chance someone had the contact of Christopher?
> Alternatively, if anyone has a solution for a Hamamatsu DCAM API for
> Linux, I am interested.

You need to contact Hamamatsu.  They can give you the DCAM api for
linux, as well as access to the source code of the device adapter, so
that you can compile it yourself (or give you a compiled version).  No
other entity can give you these things legally.

Pierre-Alix Dancer
Kaer Labs
+33 6 77 34 66 44