Help control MicroManager using MATLAB

NAHN HEE DIANE KIM
Hello,

I am a researcher at UCLA and I am trying to control MicroManager using 64-bit MATLAB. I'm having trouble with the following lines:

import mmcorej.*
mmc = CMMCore;

When I try to call on CMMCore using the second line, it comes up as undefined. The same command works in 32-bit though, and displays these lines:

MMCoreJ.jar path = C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4\plugins\Micro-Manager\MMCoreJ.jar
C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4\plugins\Micro-Manager
C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4\plugins
C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4\plugins\mm\win32
C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4
C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4\mm\win32

Looking at the C:\Program Files\Micro-Manager-1.4.23, the Micro-Manager for 64bit, I see that it also has the same relevant files as Micro-Manager-1.4. I already tried adding the folder to path, removing the other 1.4 folder from path, etc, but I can't make Matlab 64-bit access CMMCore class successfully. Does anyone have any recommendations or solutions? Thank you for your consideration.

Best,
Diane

Re: Help control MicroManager using MATLAB

Hi Diane,

On 6/14/2017 2:53 PM, NAHN HEE DIANE KIM wrote:
I am a researcher at UCLA and I am trying to control MicroManager using 64-bit MATLAB. I'm having trouble with the following lines:

import mmcorej.*
mmc = CMMCore;

When I try to call on CMMCore using the second line, it comes up as undefined. The same command works in 32-bit

Naive question.  Is it possible that your Matlab installation uses a 32-bit JVM?   Not working with Matlab myself, I do not know if you need to select a 32 or 64 bit version, however, I don't think that it is possible to run both 32 and 64 bit code from the same environment.