Help writing adapter for Thorlabs XY stage Max202/controller BSC102

Help writing adapter for Thorlabs XY stage Max202/controller BSC102

radadia
Hi,

I am seeking help on writing an adapter to control Thorlabs MAX202 stage with the micro-manager. I started with the adapter development kit, however with no coding experience I am going almost no-where. So far this is what I understand. The way BSC102 consists of a motherboard where daughter controller cards are plugged-in (2 cards in the case of BSC102). The motherboard communicates with the PC via a serial-USB adapter made by FTDI. Thorlabs provides a software called APT which consists of a server and user interface programs, all for activeX based control of BSC102. The server collects information about what cards are connected (unique serial number for each card) and the user interface allows the user to punch in numbers and manipulate the stage. The following support was offered to me when I called Thorlabs,

BSC102 manual
http://www.thorlabs.com/Thorcat/13900/13958-D01.pdf

BSC102 3rd party programmer's guide to Host-Controller communication Protocols
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/radadia/www/Developer%20Support.zip

I really appreciate if somebody could look into this. Thank you, Adarsh.

Where is the change log for the nightly builds?

cail
Dear MM developer,
Where can I find the change log for those nightly builds?
I notice the 1.4 branch is starting. What's the new feature in it?
I am using nightly build 20100212. I notice the "stop" acquisition button works differently from the 20100210 build. In the earlier version, when I pressed the "stop" in the MDA window, the entire multiple XY acquisition stopped. In the 20100212, when I pressed the "stop", only the current imaging XY position stopped and the acquisition moved to the next XY position. I prefer the earlier one, because I can stop the individual XY acquisition by the "stop" button on the "last frame" windows. I haven't test the most recent builds for it.
Since the nightly builds are generated everyday with new features and bug fixes, I want to know whether it is a build that I should update for the specific microscope I am using.
Thanks a lot for your time.
Best,
Liang

Re: Where is the change log for the nightly builds?

Arthur D. Edelstein
Dear Liang,

The 1.3 branch is our stable release, for which we will only do bug
fixes and some plugins and device adapters. The 1.4 (unstable) branch
is for major changes of the application. I recommend using the 1.3
nightly builds for now.

I will look into the error you report on MDA. Thanks for bringing it
to our attention.

Best regards,
Arthur

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM, cail@rocketmail <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear MM developer,
> Where can I find the change log for those nightly builds?
> I notice the 1.4 branch is starting. What's the new feature in it?
> I am using nightly build 20100212. I notice the "stop" acquisition button
> works differently from the 20100210 build. In the earlier version, when I
> pressed the "stop" in the MDA window, the entire multiple XY acquisition
> stopped. In the 20100212, when I pressed the "stop", only the current
> imaging XY position stopped and the acquisition moved to the next XY
> position. I prefer the earlier one, because I can stop the individual XY
> acquisition by the "stop" button on the "last frame" windows. I haven't test
> the most recent builds for it.
> Since the nightly builds are generated everyday with new features and bug
> fixes, I want to know whether it is a build that I should update for the
> specific microscope I am using.
> Thanks a lot for your time.
> Best,
> Liang

Re: Where is the change log for the nightly builds?

Arthur D. Edelstein
Dear Liang,

So far I can't reproduce the stopping bug you report. Could you send
me an Acquisition.xml file with the settings for your acquisitio? You
can generate one by pressing the Save... button in the MDA window.
Your configuration file might also help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Arthur