How can I make sure no errors stop a timelapse acquisition started from a script?

FS

How can I make sure no errors stop a timelapse acquisition started from a script?

FS
Dear MM users/developers,

I have a script to do multi-D acquisitions. Sometimes, the acquisition stops due to some error (e.g. time-out of a device, problem with autofocus lock-on, etc.). Is there a way to have the acquisition proceed even after those errors occur? I have seen that 1.3.45 has some capability to proceed in the presence of a AF lock-on error. I don't know if the same capability is implemented for scripts, and as specified above, would ideally like to generalize it to other often-occurring errors.

Best,

Francois

Re: How can I make sure no errors stop a timelapse acquisition started from a script?

Hoover, Karl
Hi Francois,

We've got a patch to 1.3.45 which allows the acquisition to keep running after an AF lock-on error.
The patched build is available at the following location:

http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~MM/nightlyBuilds/1.3/Windows/MMSetup_1.3.45_20100209.exe

What other sorts of errors are you experiencing?

Best Regards,
Karl Hoover

FS

Re: How can I make sure no errors stop a timelapse acquisition started from a script?

FS
Hi Karl,

It would be great to deal with my specific errors. Even better would be to find a way for the acquisition not to stall because of these non-critical errors. Find below the specific errors I get:

(1) MM error code 37: Camera image buffer read failed
This error occurred sometimes during a timelapse acquisition.

(2) Line 472: run-time error : Error code: 22
Wheel-EX
Wheel-A. Set position failed.. (Error code: 10005)
Device error encountered.

This error occurs if I stop an acquisition (from my script), and then relaunch the acquisition. After I get the error message, I can relaunch the acquisition without problem.

(3) PFS lock-on errors. Will ultimately check v1.3.45 with the fix, but I've seen on the mailing list that there are a few kinks to be worked out.

(4) Various time-outs which hopefully are solved now by increasing the time allowed before time-out in the Config file.

Info about my system:
- Software: MM v1.3.43
- Hardware: Nikon TE2000 with PFS, ASI motorized stage, Photometrics EZ camera, Sutter Instruments shutters and fluorescent lamp (XL).

Francois