IDS uEye Camera not working

Molly Ann Mosher

Hi all,

I previously was running MM on a Windows 8 system. The computer was recently upgraded to Windows 10 and everything had to be reinstalled (MM, drivers, etc). However, my IDS uEye camera (which had been working perfectly with MM before the upgrade) no longer seems to work. I have installed the drivers from the MM link to the IDS site. My computer registers that the camera is functional through the USB connector and I can successfully add the camera using the hardware configuration wizard. However when I open the live window, it is black. I don't have a shutter in place and the light is reaching the camera lens...Any ideas?

Molly

Re: IDS uEye Camera not working

Nico Stuurman-2

Hi Molly,

I previously was running MM on a Windows 8 system. The computer was recently upgraded to Windows 10 and everything had to be reinstalled (MM, drivers, etc). However, my IDS uEye camera (which had been working perfectly with MM before the upgrade) no longer seems to work. I have installed the drivers from the MM link to the IDS site. My computer registers that the camera is functional through the USB connector and I can successfully add the camera using the hardware configuration wizard. However when I open the live window, it is black. I don't have a shutter in place and the light is reaching the camera lens...Any ideas?

Dumb question: Is Autostretch on?  Are the pixels values zero or some kind of value but the display settings make them appear as black?

Re: IDS uEye Camera not working

Molly Mosher
Hi Nico!

Autostretch is off (tried it both ways with no difference) and the pixel values are all zero. The gain is also zero (not sure if this is set based on pixel value in MM) but changing that doesn't change anything either...

Thanks,
Molly

On Jun 21, 2017, at 15:52, Nico Stuurman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Molly,

[...]

In addition, the camera works with MM if we change the binning setting and cut the number of pixels in half, but this obviously is not ideal for our imaging needs...

Thanks,
Molly