IX-81 on Windows 10 Machine to Micro-Manager

IX-81 on Windows 10 Machine to Micro-Manager

Joan Pulupa
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had luck connecting an IX-81 microscope to Micro-Manager on a Windows 10 machine.

My understanding is that the IX2-BSW software will not "log-in" on a Windows 10 machine but all drivers will load properly. In fact, I have managed to get the same microscope loaded and responding properly on Metamorph, so presumably the drivers must be somewhat working.

Thanks in advance,

Joan

Re: IX-81 on Windows 10 Machine to Micro-Manager

xandr

Joan,

We use micro-manager w/ an IX-81 scope almost daily. We do not use any Olympus software to do so. Are you having a specific problem w/ making a connection to the scope?

Best,

Alex

Alexander Bennett

Postdoctoral Researcher, Interfacial mechanics

Turner Group | MEAM – SEAS

The University of Pennsylvania

245 Towne Building

220 S. 33rd Street

Philadelphia, PA 19104

Cell: 678.386.1025

Re: IX-81 on Windows 10 Machine to Micro-Manager

AustinBlanco
I just did tis today!

1. install BSW software
2. Set compatibility mode to windows 7.
3. run as administrator
4. set tools com port to correct #.
5. launch BSW software, clock log in
this worked for us!

***Make sure you are using a “straight through” cable, not a null modem one!

Austin Blanco

On Oct 4, 2019, at 9:18 AM, Joan Pulupa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had luck connecting an IX-81 microscope to Micro-Manager on a Windows 10 machine.

My understanding is that the IX2-BSW software will not "log-in" on a Windows 10 machine but all drivers will load properly. In fact, I have managed to get the same microscope loaded and responding properly on Metamorph, so presumably the drivers must be somewhat working.

Thanks in advance,

Joan

Re: IX-81 on Windows 10 Machine to Micro-Manager

Joan Pulupa
Hi Alex,

Yes, when I try to connect to the IX-81 in the Hardware Configuration Wizard, I get an error reading "Error in device 'OlympusHub': Serial timeout occurred. (17)"

We have been running the same microscope on the same computer with Metamorph with no communication problems.  We know the cable is correct and the port # is correct.

- Joan

Re: IX-81 on Windows 10 Machine to Micro-Manager

Joan Pulupa
Thanks, Austin.

I tried to replicate this to no avail.

-Joan

Re: IX-81 on Windows 10 Machine to Micro-Manager

AustinBlanco
If this previously worked on a win 7 PC, I’d check the driver for the usb serial adapter.
Also confirm you re setting the com port up properly (19,200 / party even / 2 stop bits)

Austin Blanco

On Oct 4, 2019, at 11:49 AM, Joan Pulupa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks, Austin.

I tried to replicate this to no avail.

-Joan

Re: IX-81 on Windows 10 Machine to Micro-Manager

m.losen

It might help to double check if the Windows COM port settings (in the Windows device manager) match the configuration of the COM port in micromanager.

We have an IX81 with windows 7, it works very well.

Greetings,

Mario