IX83 connection on Win10

Anuj Saini
Hi All,

I am having problems connecting to the IX83 from within the micromanager. I am using version 1.4.21 as few people had pointed out that newer versions have problems connecting to the IX83

I installed all the drivers and also the CellSens software provided by Olympus. The device manager shows the microscope, which is connected to the control box via FireWire, which in turn is connected to the stage and touch control box. CellSens is able to connect to the microscope without any problems.

When I try to connect to the Olympus IX83 on the MicroManager via the Hardware Configuration Wizard, it hangs up and I have to force close it from Taskbar. It gives the following error right before closing out - tid8816 [ERR,Core:dev:Olympus IX83] Error in device "Olympus IX83": Exception: Expected integer, got "" at c:\mmreleasebuild\micromanager\secretdeviceadapters\olympusix83\Hub.h:131 (2147483647)

I can also connect to the IX83 using the control library via command line interface, which is the same one the MicroManager calls when we try to add it via hardware configuration. See the attached screenshot or https://imgur.com/a/XpBrbUg When I connect to the IX83 this way, even the Touch Control Panel opens up as it should.

So, the problem right now is now somehow MicroManager is having problems accessing this control library correctly.

Thanks!
Anuj Saini, PhD
Postdoctoral Scholar
Department of Physics,
Case Western Reserve University,
10900 Euclid Avenue,
Cleveland OH 44106

OlympusIX83Control_CLI.PNG (61K) Download Attachment