Inquiry about image data format

YU-AN KUO
To whom it may concern,

I am Yu-An Kuo (Michael Kuo), a graduate student from university of Texas at Austin. Currently, I am using micro-manager to take images with our Hamamatsu camera, and save it as .ome.tiff format. However, I am wondering what kinds of metadata would be embedded inside. Could you kindly provide me the information about that?

On the other hand, I am wondering whether there will be a special, different heading, regarding to different imaging systems, before the recorded binary data?

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Michael

Re: Inquiry about image data format

JonD
Administrator
Hi Michael,

YU-AN KUO wrote
> I am using micro-manager to take images with our
> Hamamatsu camera, and save it as .ome.tiff format. However, I am wondering
> what kinds of metadata would be embedded inside. Could you kindly provide
> me the information about that?
>
> On the other hand, I am wondering whether there will be a special,
> different heading, regarding to different imaging systems, before the
> recorded binary data?

I'm afraid your question hasn't been answered because it's too generic
and/or seems like you haven't done your homework.

You can view the metadata from within Micro-Manager.  For 1.4.x there's a
tab next to the contrast (histogram).  There are per-acquisition metadata
values as well as per-image values (usually the majority the same for all
images).

Also there's some documentation at
https://micro-manager.org/wiki/Files_and_Metadata.

Also worth searching the email archives, e.g.
http://micro-manager.3463995.n2.nabble.com/metadata-td7579438.html may help
you out.

Once you've done that then feel free to follow-up with more specific
questions.

Jon

Jon Daniels
Applied Scientific Instrumentation