Inquiry about submission of 1.4.22 branch to Maven Repository

Inquiry about submission of 1.4.22 branch to Maven Repository

Justin Hanselman-2
Hello,

    I have been involved in developing a plug-in for Micro-manager that uses some of its fitting capabilities.  As a proof of concept, I did not have a need to share the plugin with others, but as it is being refined, I am transitioning the plugin source to a Git with maven Pom files.

    ImageJ already has its artifacts submitted to the Maven Repository, so its inclusion and version management is quite straight forward.  However, I could not find micro-manager in the Maven repository, nor a Pom in the Micro-manager source.  Are there plans to submit micro-manager to the Maven repository (at least the most available release for download 1.4.22)?

    Thanks,

    Justin Hanselman

Re: Inquiry about submission of 1.4.22 branch to Maven Repository

Nico Stuurman-2
Hi Justin,

>     I have been involved in developing a plug-in for Micro-manager
> that uses some of its fitting capabilities.  As a proof of concept, I
> did not have a need to share the plugin with others, but as it is
> being refined, I am transitioning the plugin source to a Git with
> maven Pom files.

Do you need others to build it as well?  Otherwise, just tell them to
download and install Micro-Manager.

>     ImageJ already has its artifacts submitted to the Maven
> Repository, so its inclusion and version management is quite straight
> forward.  However, I could not find micro-manager in the Maven
> repository, nor a Pom in the Micro-manager source. Are there plans to
> submit micro-manager to the Maven repository (at least the most
> available release for download 1.4.22)?

No plans.  However, for different (or maybe similar;) reasons, I put
something up on http://valelab.ucsf.edu/~nico/maven.  Specifically that
repo has MMJ_, MMCoreJ, and MMAcqEngine versions 2.0.1.  I can add
1.4.22, and 1.4.23-SNAPSHOT if oyu would like (but that will be a while
since I am about to travel).

Re: Inquiry about submission of 1.4.22 branch to Maven Repository

Justin Hanselman-2
Hello Nico,

    I was hoping to include the Micro-Micromanager source in a package that could allow for easy source retrieval (as per Maven), since the plugin is meant to potentially be developed further by others and I made use of a lot of the Localization Microscopy source.  If that's not a reality, I have been considering just maintaining a Git repository with the source for 1.4.22 and a Pom that reflects that.  This is to make for easier downloading and time-to-edit for new contributors.

    Additionally, since we are trying to make this plugin and several .dlls work for the current distributed build of micro-manager, I have limited all builds to 1.4.22.  If there was a Maven repository that would roll over to the next version when distributed, that would have been fantastic.  I figured it would be responsible to inquire at the very least.  Travel well!

 Justin

Hi Justin,